Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit app cannot find family account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit,

since the new Fitbit update I no longer have access to the family account.

I press on the top left and it has my charge 5 and my aria however when I go to select “add more devices” it says there is already a charge 5 on the account.

where do I find the family account or access to my kids devices with the new update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

I’m having the same issue so interested to see the feedback and solution. I have had nothing but issues since the new update

Best Answer

Having the same issue, tried to talk to customer support, the person hadn’t a clue what I was explaining. Now one of my kids aces won’t sync at all. Very frustrated! 

Best Answer

I did see the family account option when adding trying to re-add my child’s Ace. But if I go into the child’s account then try go back to mine, my Fitbit is no longer displayed so I have to re-add mine.

Definitely a bug in their system and something I hope they fix soon

Best Answer

Hi all.... I've have been so terribly frustrated with the new update on the app and seeing your issues as well comes down to this..... you will have to reset up your Ace3 for your child BUT they will need their own google account and phone to do so. I've have talked on the phone 3x today with these issues. One customer service rep just said I'll send you an email because it is very complicated and if you then can't do it call us back. Not very helpful. 

Copied form email:

Before continuing with your kid’s Ace 3 set up process, please be sure of the following:

• You have a Google account
  • Your kid has a Google account
  • Your kid has his/her own phone (only needed for the set up process)
  • You have downloaded Family Link app on your phone
  • You have downloaded the Fitbit app on your kid's phone
  • Both devices (your phone and your kids) are up-to-date. 

Honestly, I really feel like this a serious control thing on behave of Google.... some of the info was android specific and not iOS friendly. I've never been a Google fan so I feel like this is a serious turning point for me as a customer. I hope the above bit from Fitbit helps you. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the information! I’m also not happy so might consider changing smart watches now. What if your child doesn’t have a phone? I’m going to submit a complaint (not that it will end up anywhere)

Very disappointed in Fitbit

Best Answer

What an absolute joke Fitbit! 
My kids don’t have devices and won’t be for a long time.

ace 3 was designed for busy kids, not screen addicted kids that’s what made it so appealing, they had no sight of screen just their watches.

once these give way I’ll be moving away from google/Fitbit 

Best Answer
I have chatted with Fitbit til I was nearly in tears. All these devices are
essentially wasted and useless.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got through to someone at Fitbit through Facebook messenger and got mine and my kids Fitbits sorted out and working again. I highly recommend messaging them through Facebook! 

Best Answer

Did you have to set them up on google accounts on their own devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes
O orally they were set up through my own account…. For nearly two years.
But can’t do that anymore. Doesn’t matter if they have a google account as
they need to be set up on a phone that does not have an adult account
associated with it. I refuse to purchase a phone for my young children for
this. I also have Apple products and won’t be purchasing google items for
them as of now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. It’s all on mine. On the app, there is a square on the bottom right that says “you” click that and then on the next screen, click family. I did have to repair my kids fitbits to my phone but I managed to figure it out with the help from someone through the Fitbit Facebook messenger app. It’s all working like normal now. My kids do not have google accounts or their own devices. 

Best Answer

Oh thanks! I’ll have a go and check it out 🤞👍

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that. Worked for one kids Ace but not the other. Thats one way to
switch to child view but it’s still weird.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree - there are about 5 clicks every time you want to switch to kid view. I worked out this to do it but it needs to be made much easier. Please fitbit can you update the app so that it’s one click from settings or account. The current way is a massive pest! 

Best Answer