Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to restore child Fitbit account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
  • Hi, my email address changed for the family Google account & I tried to change my email on the Fitbit linked to my son’s account but it wasn’t working. In the process of trying to sort it out I tried to restart the process & deleted my child’s Fitbit account/device from his Google account thinking I could re log in with my new parent email & link him to that one. It would let me link his account.  Now it won’t let me log in to his Google account on Fitbit for 30 days - with no option to restore the account & account pending deletion on my old Fitbit family account. I only deleted his Fitbit account from Google yesterday so should there be a 7 day grace period to restore? Thanks for any help 🙂

---

Correction- it ‘wouldn’t’ let me link his account

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Because of some other reasons i also tried to remove and recreate my sons account.
The only way to restore the account was to raise his age in family link, that way he was able to restore his account.

Google really messed this up with the google account integration....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for this - I have tried but it won’t let me change his age to anything over 14 - am thinking that he might just have to wait for 30 days or just link it to my account for now instead. My worry is that if I do anything else I may just make it even more complicated. There doesn’t seem to be any way of getting proper support with the Google account options either. Crazy. Thanks anything 🙂 

Best Answer

So the trick is you need to wait.

Go to your google family account, change your childs age to the appropiate age.

In Europe they need to be 16, in the US 14 or 13.

Then after like a day your kid wil get the notification that he can take control of his account, and he needs to follow some steps (be aware, you will loose some family link functions because of that).

When these steps are finished, THEN you can login to fitbit and restore the account (if you are whitin the 30 days).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks 🙂 I’ll give this a go - i appreciate your help - such a shame
that it has been made so complicated. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes