Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd website Selling Ace 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was looking for a Fitbit Ace 2 in Grape online. I came across what I thought was the Fitbit website that had this color on sale for $49. But then I realized that this does not seem to be an actual real Fitbit site.  (The URL is x-99.club) Can anyone tell me if this is legit? If not, is Fitbit selling an Ace 2 in Grape/Night Sky color?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
64 REPLIES 64

Hi @Lowen1155  sorry this happened to you. Paypal denied it, based on what? Must be an appeals process Paypal offers?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found a phone number for Paypal, if that helps anyone. click to see

It's a long page, but it might actually help someone. Let me know. I like to keep helpful numbers around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a fake site, I ordered my wife a Fitbit Iconic and was sent a fake Apple Watch. I emailed them and here is their email response:

Sorry dear customer, our system was crashed, so we sent you the wrong order. The iwatch is much more expensive. We also suffer a great loss. Can you try to accept it? 

the website gives an Indiana address but they are out of Honk Kong. The Apple Watch that was sent was confirmed as a really good fake by Apple. It came in a real Apple box but the instructions were in Spanish. I have kept continuing to contact the company and at this point they have offered to reimburse me $20. 

Stay away!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing that @Josh0331 . When I saw the site had only gotten their domain a few weeks before people posted here, it seemed it was a scam. Sorry this happened to you. Keep trying to get your money back. Did you order with a credit card or paypal?

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you ordered through pay pal go through them right away. You have twenty
days to get your money back. They offer you money so you go past the twenty
days. Also, put in a dispute with your credit card company.
Good Luck!
DB
Best Answer

I did order with a credit card via PayPal. Is there a possibility that I can dispute with PayPal ?

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @Josh0331 and the sooner the better. Found a phone number for Paypal, if that helps. click to see

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the advice, spoke with PayPal and they are going to make it right by contacting the seller and having them reimburse or if no response reimbursing themselves.

Thanks again!!

Thanks

Best Answer

Wonderful news @Josh0331  if you want a Fitbit, they are often on sale and you already know we have an awesome forum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also ordered through the same website on 9/13/19. I was given a tracking number to use with DHL but they have no record of receiving my order. Also, customer service on the website is through the US but the confirmation I received was from a shop in Hong Kong. I've sent 3 messages to numerous emails with no reply. I wasn't aware of the odd website address until I already purchased the item.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AshKovach  any chance you can cancel with the credit card or paypal account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I filed a dispute with PayPal. They will give the shop 10 days to either give real tracking info and send the  PayPal product or will initiate a refund to my card. Now I wait 10 days (10/14/19) to see what happens. I'm wishing I just spent the full $200 at a store rather than ordering online but I thought it was the legit site. Hindsight is 20/20 😒

Best Answer

To be fair, these places put more effort into the website and putting up links than anything else. Hope the place gets into trouble, although with the ease of getting new domain names, it's hard to track them down!

Best Answer

I was able to cancel with PayPal and send a dispute. Currently I am awaiting a response from the company and if no response PayPal will reimburse.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took my order 2 weeks to arrive and was a fake iwatch in a original Apple box.

I was able to contact PayPal and begin the dispute process. I wound start off by contacting them, it took and hour on hold and being shuffled around from PayPal but I eventually was able to submit the claim. Currently I am waiting on the seller to respond to PayPal and if they do not respond PayPal will reimburse me a full refund. I recommend reaching out to PayPal ASAP and get the process started. I am attaching my emails from the company so are able to see their response.

PayPal’s number to contact is 888-221-1161, it will take awhile to get through but it’s worth it.

Good luck!!

Thanks

Best Answer

Wow! Thats awful! I hope they get the police involved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got hit by the same scammer. Foolish of me. They get you wrapped up in the sites effectiveness. It truly a branded duplicate of the Fitbit site. I wasn't even aware of the url before it was to late. I've been fighting this charge since Sept of 2019. Ridiculous Its with Barclays bank. They say they contacted the vendor and that they were legit and mailed me the product. I have to take my case all the way up to the presidents office of Barclays Bank...Asses. Fitbit should have some way of policing these sites that scam there customers. They actually mailed me a fake watch that you can buy in Chinatown in NYC for $20 -Im so pissed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry this happened to you. You ought to share the url of the scam site so Fitbit can be made aware of it. Truly wrong of these people, but they seem to be getting people to take the bait and then they get the switch. A cheap watch is not the Fitbit you were lead to believe you'd get.

Best Answer

Site is long gone they took it down in November. Fitbit needs to more diligent of these scammers. This doesn't happen to Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's hard to stop all the scammers, @Fravioli . As soon as one site is closed, another three or more open up. Anyone can take images and entire pages from websites, if they have the time to do it. I'm sure there were people scammed when they ordered an Apple Watch with a too good to be believed price. You're not the only one who got taken and you probably aren't the last. The only thing any of us can do is not to click on links like that. Always go to the real site, not some fake site, which, when you look at it, shows more than enough mistakes to prove it's not legit. That one site, when I checked it out, had plenty enough red flags, if someone took the time to go beyond the surface. That's what they count on - that no one looks under the rug for the dirt underneath. 

Best Answer