Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd website Selling Ace 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was looking for a Fitbit Ace 2 in Grape online. I came across what I thought was the Fitbit website that had this color on sale for $49. But then I realized that this does not seem to be an actual real Fitbit site.  (The URL is x-99.club) Can anyone tell me if this is legit? If not, is Fitbit selling an Ace 2 in Grape/Night Sky color?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
64 REPLIES 64

We do take appropriate action when illegitimate seller sites come to our attention. We recommend always making your device purchase directly from fitbit.com or an authorized Fitbit retailer to ensure legitimacy of the sale.

Best Answer

Yhea thats the roundabout way of getting off easy on blaming the user.  The price was inline with what all the stores were offering so it wasn't like a give away deal. it was $149 which is similar to Best Buy etc...The site was bogus but a mirror clone, the average consumer does not have the savy or the time to break down a site or look under the hood. But hey we learn. The hard way. Fitbit should in good faith offer a discount to there loyal brand followers who were hacked instead of trying to blame the user. Also if and when you checked out the site why didnt you guys do something about it!!!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fravioli Not blaming anyone, just offering advice for how to avoid this in the future. 

Best Answer

Hacked? Were you hacked @Fravioli ? You didn't post that previously.

I posted that I checked the site out when it was first posted. When I checked the website contact information, it lead to an address that isn't one that Fitbit uses. Their domain name didn't belong to Fitbit, either. Fitbit became aware of them from the posts here, but I'm not sure of the process to get a scam site closed. With scam sites, they are here today and somewhere else tomorrow. 

If it was inline with the prices of a Best Buy, why not buy from them? I always prefer the known names to the unknown. The previous posters here thought they were getting a real bargain, so they were victims, as you were, of these scammers. 

It seemed to happen when someone did a google search with Fitbits for sale, or similar wording. You can do that now and get all sorts of places selling Fitbit devices, but it's not the actual Fitbit company. Just found one that claims to be a Fitbit blood pressure smart watch for $45. Fitbit doesn't have a blood pressure function on any of their smartwatches. Another search for Fitbit Versa and clicked on a link which seemed pretty cheap, only to find it says "Versa style" and is not an actual Fitbit device. If someone is in a hurry and doesn't read everything, they might overlook "style" and wind up with an imitation. 

Let us know what your bank decides. The only way to stop the scammers is for the credit card companies and PayPal or whatever service is used, to get involved and help their patrons. Again, I'm sorry this happened to you. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
You know they scammed me too. Luckily for me PayPal credited my account. I
have been scammed twice before. Once was a “Coach” purse. They actually had
Coach purses in the add. I thought maybe they were like the factory stores.
When I got it I wanted to cry. I could have gotten the same one in the
alley in Los Angeles for five dollars! Next, through Facebook my husband
bought a tent that wouldn’t even fit a small child in it! I tried and tried
on that one to get the sale stopped. It wasn’t stopped. Now I will only
buy from the companies. I went to Fitbit and told them that they were using
their logo and said they were a dealer. I would stick with it. If you don’t
they will continue. It took me until the third time to finally get it
cancelled before they sent me a worthless watch. Hang in there and good
luck!
Best Answer