Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please make the Family View/ Ace sync work on the Amazon Fire tablets!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have 2 FitBit Ace trackers for my kids. At first only my son had one, so I set my iPad to his Kid View to avoid having to log in and out. (I was tracking my own steps on my phone.) We just got my daughter her own Ace because they were on sale so I thought I'd set the kids' Aces to sync with their Kindle Fire tablets. I was disappointed to see that not only can I not sync their trackers with the tablets, but I cannot even see the Family option when using the FitBit app on the Fire. This is a bummer because now I have to log in/ log out on my phone or iPad every time the kids want to see their personal profile screens. 

Pleeeeeeeease update the app so that the Aces are truly compatible with the Amazon Kindle Fire 7!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Their trackers will sun if background sync is on. 

Unfortionately the kindle does not support a Bluetooth connection. .Therefore it is impossible to make a kindle app. 

Best Answer

Hi, @SandyK913 and @Rich_Laue.  The Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire for kids do have Bluetooth capability, and there is a Fitbit app specifically designed for Kindle Fire   However, my understanding is that this is a unique version of the Fitbit app, adapted specifically for the Kindle.  I am not sure how much input Fitbit has in this process.  

The standard Fitbit Android app is updated very frequently.  However the Kindle Fitbit app has not been updated since December 2017, so it does not have Family Account on it, which is a much more recent development for Fitbit.

When the app is updated, hopefully Family Account facility will be added.  I  think this might be a matter if a request to A,azon rather than a request to Fitbit.

(edited to add that the info on the Kindle app says it is developed by Fitbit, but, as mentioned above seems to be updated much less frequently.  You might want to add this idea to the Feature Suggestion forum -- please check first to see if someone else has already made this suggestion.  Users can vote for or comment on your idea.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thx @Julia_G

Does this third party version actually sync a fitbit tracker? 

The kindle fire uses a modified Chrome browser OS which normally will not allow apps to talk to connected Bluetooth devices. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Rich_Laue, experience seems to vary.  There are people on Amazon saying it does, but seems inconsistent.  It's not on the supported list, obviously.  It will definitely allow you to look at your Fitbit dashboard, but because the available app does not Family Account on it, kids cannot look at their stats.

The Kindle Fire apparently uses an OS based on Android and can definitely connect to bluetooth devices.

The app available on Amazon is not third party (as I originally thought); it is the Fitbit app for Android, but not the same version available from the Playstore.  The Amazon version does say Fitbit is the developer.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@SandyK913  This same question came up in another thread.  It is possible to side load "true" android apps on a Kindle Fire.  A user included this link and says that it works.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thanks for the tip! I’ll try it out.
Best Answer

Yes you should be able to sideload the full up to date version from popular Apk Mirror sites. It might take a little playing around if there are multiple versions for different dpi's, but I don't see why it shouldn't work. The fire tablets use a modified/forked version of Android. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Kindle Fire does support Bluetooth...my tablet is a Kindle Fire HD 8 and it has Bluetooth. Let me see if I can get the Child View on my app for my tablet.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes