Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life and sensitivity On Ace 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My son has had his ace for this week and the charge only lasts about 50% in a 24 hour period. He has to charge it daily. This is not even close to the 5 days.  I have reset device charged it till it was 100%. It doesn’t change anything something is not right here. 

I also noticed it is way too sensitive in counting steps. It counts movement in a car as a step. 

Is is this some sort of a joke

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @FASST1 , it's nice to see you back on the Community.

Thank you for sharing your son's experience with his Fitbit Ace 2 not holding a charge and being too sensitive in counting steps. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

I recommend changing the wrist setting to "dominant" as it decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps. 

It is expected device behavior at the moment to count steps during a driving activity. For most customers, the number of extra steps added when driving isn’t significant when compared to the overall stats. If you want to remove these steps from the daily total, you can manually log the driving activity. For more information see How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

You can find more information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices in this help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Regarding the battery issue, upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes