Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set daughter's ace on my iphone rather than hers, how can I change this?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone help?  I set my daughter's new ace fitbit up on my iphone and set up the account on my iphone thinking as more family members get fitbits we will have a family account.  I synced the fitbit to my phone then synced it to her iphone as a child member.  She is 13 but now she is complaining that when my iphone rings her fit bit is going off in school.  I want to delete my family account and set her up with her own account as she can have that due to her age.  But if I delete my account will my email address not work on a new account?  Also if I set her fitbit to her iphone only using my email account as log in, as she does not have a personal email, just iphone and a fitbit, will that work now?  She is okay with losing data as only had it a couple of days but I thought the main account was with me and her fitbit would be linked to her mobile but that is not what has happened and I don't know what to do to rectify it?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@jeneg Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm happy to answer your questions about your daughter`s Fitbit account. For the best experience, we recommend setting up your daughter's Fitbit Ace to her iPhone. If you want, you can delete your Family account without affecting your Fitbit account. If you instead delete your Fitbit account the email address will still work on a new account. Instructions to delete Family accounts can be found through this link.

If your daughter doesn't have a personal email, it will be necessary creating a Family account > Fitbit child account to set up her tracker. The Fitbit Ace cannot be set up to a Fitbit standard account.

To rectify this issue, you can just set up her Ace once again but this time from her iPhone by following these instructions:

- From her iPhone log into your account

- Tap the Account icon User-added image

- Tap My Family 

- Tap her account

- Tap Switch to kid view

- Tap the Account icon once againUser-added image- Tap Set Up a Device and follow the instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer