Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Fitbit Ace

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an existing FitBit account and tried to setup my son’s new Ace. I no longer use FitBit, and the app is insisting, no matter how often I set up his child account, that all my stats from over two years ago belong to him. Ready to delete my account fully and start over, but had to retain the account to ask this question - how in the world do you set the Ace up without it linking to an existing adult account? I tried to setup a new account using my husbands email but was no longer interested when all my personal info is needed again. My personal recommendation is there should be a kid-specific app for the Ace.  So far, I am really unimpressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You as the parent need to have a fitbit account and you need to set up a separate kid account. You can't put him on your account (which it sounds like you were doing, but I am not sure, so correct me if I am wrong). The kid account with the ace HAS to be linked to the Family account.

In your app go to your account (credit card icon In the top right corner). Near the top of the account page there should be a coloured picture which you select to set up your family account. Perhaps you are using an old app that is out of date? If so the family account might not be there and you will need to update your app. It is probably easiest to uninstall your app, reinstall it and log back in. Here is a screenshot of the account page. Please come back and let us know if that gets you on the right track. If not, can you give more details about what you are doing. Good luck!

Screenshot_20180708-215554.png

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You as the parent need to have a fitbit account and you need to set up a separate kid account. You can't put him on your account (which it sounds like you were doing, but I am not sure, so correct me if I am wrong). The kid account with the ace HAS to be linked to the Family account.

In your app go to your account (credit card icon In the top right corner). Near the top of the account page there should be a coloured picture which you select to set up your family account. Perhaps you are using an old app that is out of date? If so the family account might not be there and you will need to update your app. It is probably easiest to uninstall your app, reinstall it and log back in. Here is a screenshot of the account page. Please come back and let us know if that gets you on the right track. If not, can you give more details about what you are doing. Good luck!

Screenshot_20180708-215554.png

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thanks - appears to be working now. Must have been old app.
Best Answer

Ahh that is great. Glad it is working.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Awesome @AshleyHCas and welcome to the forums. I didn't have that message when I added a child to my family account, but it's good to know that it's now working properly and that you were able to setup successfully. Thanks for this detailed information @NellyG

If you have not already done so, we also invite you to participate in our discussion forum for the Community! Join us by clicking here!

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes