Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep duration not showing on Ace 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

when i swipe my kid's ACE 2, all the stats are fine except the last one about sleep duration, it's not showing anything and it's in grey colour. However, if I sync the device, I could see the sleep stats, and then the sleep duration will appear back in the screen of the device. It happened for a few days already. I remember the first day the child wearing it, it's automatically showing up in the screen.

I tried to restart the ACE2 but it's still the same. Any advice? Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Edmond since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

@Edmond it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your kid's Ace 2 since it's not showing the sleep duration. By the way, thank you for restarting the Fitbit Ace 2 before contacting our forums.

I would like to know if the sleep duration used to show when your child started using the tracker. In the meantime, please provide a picture of the tracker showing the grey screen with no sleep duration. You can find the steps to learn how to add images to your posts in this thread.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

D8B51885-FAA2-44DA-BBDF-D6B56F7FB5B1.jpeg

Yes the sleep duration was shown on the first day. And that’s why my kid ask me why it’s not showing any more

you can see it from the pic , nothing showing at sleep, with only 2 dots below the moon. 

Best Answer

@Edmond thank you for getting back!

I would like to know one more detail that will help me how to proceed. Please make sure that your child does not wear the tracker too tight while sleeping and is well positioned on the wrist. After this, check out if the Fitbit Ace shows sleep properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Juan,
You may miss the point. It can track sleeping but just it’s not showing in the Fitbit. I can see the sleep tracking when I sync with the device but just under the device face it’s not showing anything.
Best Answer

@Edmond I appreciate your response. Since your kid's Ace 2 is still unable to show sleep on the tracker itself,

I'd like you to try one more workaround that will help me how to proceed. Please try changing the clock face to another available. You can find the steps that explain how change the clock face in the page number 14 of the Ace 2 manual. Once you've done this, check out if the sleep shows on the tracker again.

I appreciate your time and patience with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No difference. My kid changed clock face in the last few days and that
sleep part is still empty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edmond since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks. i am waiting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edmond You are welcome!

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi:

I am having the same problem. I purchased a two Ace-2 fitbits for my two  kids.   They both wore the device to sleep. However, only one child’s Fitbit shows the sleep tracking information on her actual device. The other child’s Fitbit shows the sleep tracker grayed out without the information displayed.   However, it does appear to be tracking sleep on the app. Please advise what the issue is. This is a brand new device and should be working. 

Best Answer

My daughters is the same. Worked the first night but not last night. However it shows on the dashboard. 

Best Answer

Exactly. It only showed on the dashboard but not at the device. Actually same for my Inspire too. When will they fix this?

No fix for such long period of time. What's fitbit doing?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. Fitbit please tell us how to fix this.

I changed my kids clockface to the raccoon and it works now!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
How would that be a solution?
My inspire cannot choose raccoon.
Can you test one more day to see if it works? I remember it works on the first day then it doesn’t work any more.
Best Answer

We have the same issue out here. I'll hope fitbit will have a solution soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys, thanks for your participation in the Community and I am sorry for the delay in respond.

@nnm79, @Niesienies and @Edmond, if you are seeing that your kids trackers aren't registering their sleep, I recommend trying the following:

1. Manually sync the tracker. See instructions in How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  2. Restart the tracker. See instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand.
  4. If steps 1-3 don't work, I suggest manually logging your sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

@Acweber12, those are great news, thanks for sharing with us the steps you tried to fix this.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra, 

Thanks for getting back after a while.

I would see that's still a bug which I raised it 2 months ago. It has the EXACT same issue on my Inspire HR too. 

My kid said she doesn't want to wear it anymore because the sleep tracking DOES NOT WORK.

Your fix mentioned, like changing hand, manually logging, to be honest is a joke. Can you either pass it to the technical team to follow up, or just ignore it. 

We paid for the devices, and I expect some sort of sensible supports. 

Best Answer

Thanks for keeping me updated, @Edmond.

My apologies for the slow reply. Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else. 🙂

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you but another moderator in the same thread said the same thing in July but since then I hear nothing.

I feel like I seem to care about this bug more than Fitbit as I need to constantly coming to this thread to reply the same bug again and again.

I have both the INSPIRE HR and ACE2 and both got the same bug! How long does it to check? You guys are the manufacturer and designer.
Best Answer