Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop duplicate call notifications on kids fitbit ace

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my childs Ace gets all my call notifications along with my personal Versa.  I get tons of calls a day on my phone and my kids Ace is notifying him of all my calls while at school. How can I get it to stop?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you gone into his account and checked the "Notification" settings?  You may want to switch them to off (assuming they're on) and then syncing his Ace.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Joynnmaya Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your child's Ace is receiving your personal notifications. I would just like to know some details that will help me to assist you properly: Does your child's Ace sync with his own phone or do you sync his tracker with your phone? Have you tried forgetting the tracker from the Bluetooth devices of your phone or his phone?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I have the same problem! I managed to stop it on my daughter’s ace but can’t remember what I did 😓 My son still gets notified every time I get a call... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gone into his account and checked the "Notification" settings?  You may want to switch them to off (assuming they're on) and then syncing his Ace.

Best Answer

I finally figured out how to stop the notifications. I believe this was what I did. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joynnmaya wrote:

I finally figured out how to stop the notifications. I believe this was what I did. Thanks!

You're welcome!

Best Answer

@TaniCho Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I would like you to follow the great tips and workaround that shared my friend @DramaQueenDiva. Let us know if this fixes the issue.

@Joynnmaya I'm glad to hear that the issue got resolved after following @DramaQueenDiva's advice. Thank you for posting the update here. In addition, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you later guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get to the notifications settings to turn off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. In the notifications section for my child’s account there is only things like goals, challenges, battery life. These are all things that my child wants to get notified about. There doesn’t appear to be anything that relates to phone call notifications. Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having this problem too. I’ve set up my son’s Fitbit ace under family account on my device but he gets notifications when I get calls. Need to stop this as he is being disturbed by then at school. The notifications on his account are all things he wants notifying of. None of them relate to calls.

Fixed it! It’s not under notifications in the ‘account’. You have to tap on the picture of the Fitbit ace in top left hand corner when in child’s view and change the notifications there-‘calls’ is in there! (Having two ‘notifications’ sections is confusing!)

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@JHat5 @CillaB Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I apologize for the late response. However, I would like you to follow the great instructions that shared @SarahJR.

I'll be around if you guys need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey - I"m having the same issues -- my son just got an Ace - i have the Alta -- and when my phone rings, his fit bit buzzes, and he can see when i have a VM, and from who - I need to turn this off - please let me know how to do it -thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wound up having to call Customer service and have them walk me through it.

Jennifer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find how to switch this off. Can anyone send me a step by step guide please? 
thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

<<<Fixed it! It’s not under notifications in the ‘account’. You have to tap on the picture of the Fitbit ace in top left hand corner when in child’s view and change the notifications there-‘calls’ is in there! (Having two ‘notifications’ sections is confusing!)>>>

This worked! Thanks so much!

Best Answer

I don’t have a calls option, only messages. Any idea why or where else I should look? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes