Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from kid to parent view

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When in kid view and you want to switch back to parent view, you need to enter a password and then instead of actually switching you back, it completely logs the parent out of the Fitbit app!  Why require a password if you then have to log back in again with email and password from scratch?!

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
133 REPLIES 133

Exactly! You should be able to view and change any Ace settings while in parent view. Makes total sense.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I totally understand how you feel. I truly appreciate your feedback and comments about this since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot agree enough about card settings! i don't care about the weight/female health/water ones, but every single time i come back to my view after checking my daughter's stats, they are back! and rearranged. so frustrating. 

Best Answer

Don’t tell one more user you understand or you appreciate the feedback.  Just fix it.  It’s been a year.

Best Answer

@ChasTx Welcome to our Fitbit Community. We'll make sure to post an update when a solution is available.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So does that mean Fitbit is planning to improve this interface and/or working on it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pixelscapes, it's good to see you around in the forums. 

Thank you for your inquiry, as described in the tittle of the thread, you are you referring specifically to the process from switching from kid to parent view correct? 

Please check the information provided here regarding this procedure. I wish I could provide more information ,but for the moment we haven't received any more updates to know when this procedure could be improved. However, the information has been shared with the appropriate department. 

I hope to see you around in the forums. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'd just like to also jump on the feedback that I'd love to see my kids' stats from my profile. Having to go from mine to kid1, back to mine, to kid2, back to mine is cumbersome. Other than that, loving the Ace for kids! 

Best Answer

@Mom246 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving our products and services.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

please let me know if you ever uphaul and change the fitbit for kids
platform. I am so sad I lost $100 on something that is so user unfriendly

--
Thank you,
Michele

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

@Chelbylu22 I know how frustrating this is for you. Our team is in constant improvement and we appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news on whether the "constant improvement" you mention will address the problematic usability and forgotten settings when switching views, as described in this thread?

You have the Fitbit Ace 2 coming out soon... I sure hope all those kids have their own phones so their parents don't encounter these problems as often.

Best Answer

@Pixelscapes Thank you for sharing your feedback about the issue that happens when switching views and the functionality of the Ace 2.

Regarding the issue, we haven't gotten updates but we send your feedback to the correct department. We'll make sure to post an update in the Community.

We appreciate your patience with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just added 2 Aces, and would like to reiterate the need for a "Sync all devices" option from parent view and a "Parent dashboard" to see an all family overview.  Very disappointed in the interface, and looks like Fitbit has done nothing to address a UX issue they've known about for a year.  Am a customer 4x over - will not purchase another device if user feedback is continually ignored.  This has totally changed my opinion of Fitbit.  Mods, no need to post the "thank you for your patience" line - just get this escalated.

Best Answer

@Jen1234567 Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I know how frustrating this is for you. Our team is aware of this. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was completely baffled by this user interface and came to find out what I was doing wrong that I would need to go from one child to the other via the parent view, with a password entry with every switch. I get the feature set for setting up a kids profile on their own phone, but why do I need to log into a protected kid view mode to see their sleep? Why wouldn't it share this data directly with the guardian login profile?  At least let me view the data via the web.

Day one of two kids each with a Fitbit Ace wanting to see their sleep data, and what a mission it is for me as a registered guardian to let them each know their stats. Come on guys, this thread is over a year old. This is basic stuff, and it doesn't take a year for a motivated team to solve. Great you are aware of the issue, but knowledge without action is no help to anyone.

Best Answer

@AJF0001 thank you for your participation in the Fitbit Community! I totally understand your point and your feedback helps us to improve our products and services.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The pain is so real. So freaking ridiculous and Fitbit forever has a bad
reputation in my world until they do something about this horrible
platform, so difficult to use. Still no solutions. All they have to do is
fix this for us customers and bam they'd be a great company again.
Best Answer

@Chelbylu22 your feedback is appreciated and y has been forwarded to our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you it is a complete pain!

Best Answer