Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete child account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have been trying for months to delete my son's account. He is 13 and no longer uses his Fitbit and I have sent a request and so far nothing. I have spoken to customer support twice and to be honest they have been zero help. I have made repeated requests to delete his account only to get a message saying request has already been sent. I have a Google phone and wanting to change my account to Google. However, I can't do that until the child account is deleted.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

It is not possible to request another deletion because a process has been already initiated.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Hi there, @Dopovo.

Thanks for getting back. I understand you're unable to request and in this case let's wait for 7 days to see if the child account gets deleted from your family account. Please make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated and keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit 7 days have been passed and I got no result. It's literally 2 months I have the data of my kid kept hostage in Fitbit server and it's my right to have them deleted. Kindly comply asap.

Best Answer

I seriously have the same problem.  I have cancelled and resubmitted a delete request several times.  Now the last child account just doesn't seem to complete it's deletion so I cancel request and resubmit but still unable to delete!  So frustrating

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the additional information, and your efforts while working on this matter.

@KAY548@JesyP and @KateDogg76 Let me share that this has been escalated to our team and we'd like you to re-initiate the deletion process to see how it goes this time. For further instructions, you can always refer to this help articleOnce this is done, wait 7 days one more time and keep me posted on the outcome.

@Dopovo and @Mestraj I understand how frustrating this has been and I truly appreciate your feedback. Please know I'll keep our team informed of your situation as well.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit Thank you so much I just did it and this was the first time I actually received an email asking if I wanted to do it. I did and hopefully this gets rid of it. Thank you again. It's been a struggle for several months now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I reinitiate the process? When I try to delete again, it says it a request has already been sent. There are no new emails to delete again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@KateDogg76 You have to switch to your kid profile, you will be told that you will cancel the profile deletion process. Once done you can start again the deletion request. You will get then an email stating that the process has started and the deletion will succed in one week.

"Fun" fact: it's already more than 2 weeks that I reinitiated the process.

@LizzyFitbit I'm sure that the team has been informed, I'm not so sure they're actually doing something about it, my experience is a proof.

Best Answer

Thank you! I tried it again. We’ll see what happens this time. I’d love to actually use the features my insurance company is paying for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit I have some news:

- the additional child profile I created for testing has been regularly delete as per my request.

- my original child profile (and that is a real person) is still there, at this moment it is something like 3 months I have been asking its deletion and this is very concerning. How is possible that Fitbit has no control on its own database and system and can't help with what is my rightful request? An urgent solution of the matter is needed.

Best Answer

Same issues here @Dopovo. I started the process over a month ago (going on 2 months), nothing ever happened after 7 days. Called to support, finally got the email. Waited another 7 days, called support and got escalated to a supervisor, was told that I needed to wait for the update overnight. Update never happened so I waited until the end of the month. Still no update!! Called support again, there are "errors with the family account, call back in 30 minutes". Nothing came of that call either! 2 weeks ago there was FINALLY an app update and suddenly my child's account is "pending deletion". It's been  over 10 days at this point and she's still pending deletion. I called again yesterday and they want to send another email and go through the whole delete process AGAIN. Just delete my kid's account, it can't be THAT hard to do on Fitbit's end!!! 

Best Answer