Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to locate My Family on website

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't want to have to go to the app every time I need to look at My Family. I'm in front of a PC most of my day for work. I'd like to be able to just go to the website and make any changes or just view it from there. Can this be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bustout 

Unfortunately there is no option to access the  Fitbit Family accounts from the online Dashboard, however if you have a Windows 10 computer, you can download and install the Fitbit App and access your Fitbit Family directly your computer. Technically meaning you have the Fitbit App on your phone but also installed on your PC for convenience. (If this is a work computer I understand this may not be possible) 
😃Please let me know if this provided you the best possible answer to your question. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Bustout 

Unfortunately there is no option to access the  Fitbit Family accounts from the online Dashboard, however if you have a Windows 10 computer, you can download and install the Fitbit App and access your Fitbit Family directly your computer. Technically meaning you have the Fitbit App on your phone but also installed on your PC for convenience. (If this is a work computer I understand this may not be possible) 
😃Please let me know if this provided you the best possible answer to your question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

While you provided the best answer currently possible, it is by no means the ideal answer. This really needs to be changed by Fitbit. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bustout   I can provide some clarity on the issue of Family Accounts, the Fitbit App for Windows 10 and the web dashboard.

• The Ace and Ace 2 are compatible with the Fitbit App for Windows 10.
  • The Ace 3 is only compatible with the Fitbit app for compatible Android/iOS smartphones/tablets/iPods
  • A child's account information can't be on the web dashboard because of internet privacy laws.  The US has COPPA, the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act.  The EU has GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation.  Other laws exist in other countries.

All standard accounts have a web dashboard.  In the US, a child must be 13 and older to have a standard account.  The minimum age is 16 in some EU countries.  If you want Fitbit to fix this, please be careful what you wish for.  The only solution I see is for the web dashboard to go away for all accounts.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So are you saying that they couldn't design two separate views, one for each account type? Also, what's the difference between keeping the data on an app and keeping it on a web page? They're both online and equally susceptible to hackers. This has nothing to do with COPPA.

Best Answer
0 Votes