Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Ace in child's account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have two children, two aces - one has paired perfectly, the other gets me to the step of sending the tracking number, but when I put in the tracking number a message comes up saying:

"something went wrong there was an error while trying to pair your device"

Both exactly the same - done one after the other.. what could the issue be...

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@ChanrinS Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the setup issues that you are experiencing with the second Fitbit Ace that you want to add to your Family account.

Please make sure that the Ace that is already paired, is not near or within the range since this could be affecting the connection to the second Ace. After this, make sure that you are following the setup process as described in this help article, under the subject "Can I connect more than on tracker to my device?"

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for the reply

as stated, I have reached past the stage of setting up an account (exactly the same as I did for my other child, minutes before) went to sync the second child under her name however it says there is a problem pairing the device (after the passcode is entered) - exactly the same steps as the child before with it working, I am not sure as to why it would do this to the second one? we are not in range with any other devices and have tried this over ten times...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have exactly the same problem: I can’t connect up my second Ace (for second child). Both accounts were created without issues. The first Ace connected immediately. The second Ace connection keeps going wrong at the stage of entering the 4 digit code (many many codes have been generated...). I tried all 3 advised things (turned Bluetooth off and in, kept all other Fitbits in another room, this Ace is fully charged and on). Any help welcome. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. I had originally paired my son’s Ace to my phone, but I deleted it so I could pair it with his iPod Touch. The Fitbit receives the code but I always get the “abort” message. I must say I am very unsatisfied with the customer service / clarity that I have thus far received. This should NOT be this complicated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in disbelief and now the disappointment is real 😞 one completed effortlessly and then the second one undergone the exact same way to be told that there is something wrong. 

and yes, this should not be so difficult... family fun and encouragement to do exercise has not gone down the fun alley at all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ChanrinS Thank you for getting back and welcome aboard guys @JHZ77 @Amynoll! I'm sorry for the late response, However, I'd like to know i the issue persists or if the second Ace trackers could be set up on your Family account.

If the issue persists, please restart the Ace trackers that can't be added as described in this help article. After this, try the setup instructions that are listed in the help article that I shared in my previous post.

In the meantime, let me know what is the brand and model of the mobile devices that you are trying the setup process.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes