Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair an Ace with a Moto G5 Android phone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, i'm being driven to distraction trying to pair my daughters Ace with her phone. I have read and followed the other threads to no avail. I have set up my account, i have created a family account on my daughters phone from my account. I have added a child account and tried to pair from her account. The phone finds the Ace, i get the 4 digit code on the Ace screen and input it to the phone. I get the connecting message then it changes to the screen with Set up a kid compatible tracker now to join the Fitbit fun. I have done this many times. any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Philontheedge Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the setup issues you've experienced with your daughter's Fitbit Ace through her Moto G5. This phone model is not added in the supported devices list. Due to this, it's not guaranteed that your daughter's Ace can be set up with this phone.

You can set it up under your phone, tablet or iPad that are also in the devices list. For more information about how to set up a Fitbit Ace, please refer to this help article.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to assist! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The compatable phone list does not have any moto g, e
or x phones more recent than 2014. All these phones have been updated at
least twice since. Does this mean Fitbits don't work with new phones?!! I
have a moto G5 plus and I can connect the Ace to that. My daughter will no
get much enjoyment if she cannot check her stats on her own phone. Will I
be able to get a refund?

Phil.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Philontheedge Thank you for getting back! Regarding your question, there are times that Fitbit trackers work on non-supported devices. However, there is no guarantee that all the features will work.

In regards to your refund inquiry, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can assist you further and follow up.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes