Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Ace 2 on adult account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have been using an Ace 2 on my adult account. It is small, waterproof and is perfect for how I use it (I only want to track steps and not worry about it getting wet). I left it at home a couple of days ago and temporarily added MobileTrack until I got home but I accidentally removed the Ace 2 in the process. When I went to add it back, I got a message that I had to update the Fitbit app to continue. I updated the app however the new version is not letting me add the Ace 2 back to my adult/parent account. I can add it easily to my child’s account no problem but Fitbit now seems to be blocking the Ace 2 from being added/used with an adult account. I’ve contacted Fitbit support but just keep getting sent links to FAQ setup pages, or have you tried it on another phone, and stuff like that. I’ve followed every support response however I’m guessing these are automated responses and it just seems to be going in circles. Until a few days ago, I had no trouble using an Ace 2 on my (adult/parent) account. Now the only setup option available after updating the Fitbit app is to add the Ace 2 to a child account in child view. From a family perspective we have several Fitbits however this is getting very frustrating. I’m really starting to think Fitbit have changed the app to force upgrades to newer Fitbit models. If this is the case and Fitbit are now blocking the Ace 2 from being used by adults, I just want to know so I can stop wasting hours trying to fix this. Frustrated!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Found a work around. The latest Fitbit iOS app definitely removed the option to connect the Ace 2 to a standard account. I temporarily set up on a non-iOS device, added the Ace 2 to my Fitbit account, logged back in on my iPhone and the Ace 2 is now connected and working on my standard (adult/parent) account with my iPhone. Again, there is no problem with my iPhone or the Ace 2. The problem is the latest Fitbit iOS app had the option removed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I don't think the Ace 2 was ever intended to be allowed for use outside of family account.  If you were able to do so, I expect that was a programming oversight that was just corrected.  I do realize that is no help to you though.  The Ace 2 is basically the same as the Inspire or Inspire HR without heart rate, though I don't think are still sold.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. The Fitbit app previously had a specific option during during the setup to either set up for a child or “Set up Ace for <current user>“. It would seem they contemplated the Ace being used on both child and standard accounts.

Also, although the product packaging promotes it for kids 6+, it does not indicate anywhere that it is limited to a child account (and it wasn’t limited until the latest Fitbit app update).

Best Answer

Found a work around. The latest Fitbit iOS app definitely removed the option to connect the Ace 2 to a standard account. I temporarily set up on a non-iOS device, added the Ace 2 to my Fitbit account, logged back in on my iPhone and the Ace 2 is now connected and working on my standard (adult/parent) account with my iPhone. Again, there is no problem with my iPhone or the Ace 2. The problem is the latest Fitbit iOS app had the option removed.

Best Answer

Thanks for the workaround, I downloaded FitBit on my PC, added the Ace 2 and now it is working on my IOS devices!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I followed all the steps. I got it to sync to the computer.  How did you get it synced back to the iPhone.  Did you do anything special, it won’t connect. I deleted the app and reinstalled and it just won’t connect.

Best Answer