Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight is wrong after setup & sync?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys, just got my daughter's Ace in the mail today, set up the family account, set up her account with all the correct information and it is still charging. The update never said it was finished, and it takes forever to switch between modes but when I look at the kid view it says that her weight is a random 137.3 lbs. This is neither mine nor her weight. I'm not sure if it will fix itself or if I need to do something. I haven't seen anything like that on here yet, but it is pretty new to everyone. 🙂 Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @mbruner58, when you are on the kid view, click on the weight tile, then on the next screen click again on the weight shown and a screen will come up for you to enter the correct weight.

It seems a little strange that you cannot do this (or even see the weight) from the parent view, but it seems you can't.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I would think that you should be able to do this through the settings on her page. 

Maybe the Ace FAQ will help. 

Best Answer

Hi, @mbruner58, when you are on the kid view, click on the weight tile, then on the next screen click again on the weight shown and a screen will come up for you to enter the correct weight.

It seems a little strange that you cannot do this (or even see the weight) from the parent view, but it seems you can't.

Best Answer

Thank you! I was wondering if it would start tracking and having the 130 as her starting weight but it didn’t. I thought it would be more complicated than that but I guess not. Thanks 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad you got it aorted out, and I hope your daughter has fun with it.  Please do post again to let us know how it goes or if you have any further issues -- though, as you say, it is new to all of us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

She likes it so far and is always tapping it and saying, “look how many steps I did.” I paired it with an old phone so I don’t have to keep switching back and forth. 👍🏻 Now I have to figure out where that family challenge thing is 🤔🤔🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @mbruner58, I think the Family Challenge hasn't been added yet (but is coming soon).  Meanwhile you can add your daughter to any of the already existing challenges if you want to have some fun.

A good one to start might be the Goal Day.  That's a great way to equalize, because the idea is to meet your goal, or even excede it, and it means that people with different goals can still compete.  So if your goal is 15000 steps and her goal is 10,000 (for example) if you get 14,000 and she gets 10,000, she wins, because she met her goal and you didn't...

Or if she gets 11,000 and you get 15,150 she wins because she exceded her goal more than you...

There are also weekly and 5 day challenges to try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G thanks for your assistance! @mbruner58 Glad to hear your daughter likes her Ace and I appreciate the feedback on switching modes. I'm finding on my iOS it sometimes takes awhile, though not always. 

I wanted to add about the weight, while we currently ask for weight as part of the Fitbit Ace child account onboarding experience so Fitbit’s algorithm can calibrate to each individual person, the inclusion of the weight tile in the kid view of the Fitbit app was not meant to be included and is being removed promptly with our next update within the next two weeks (around mid-June). If you notice it's no longer there, this would be why. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

And as far as the weight is concerned, we’re not tracking that or worried about it, it just bugs me and my all-the-data brain that it says the wrong thing when I made sure to measure and weigh while setting everything up. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: Are there in fact special family challenges coming? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope that there will be special family challenges. 

BTW 10k steps for a child is way to little. 

A previous study published in 2004 reviewed research of almost 2000 children in the USA, Australia, and Sweden. It showed that for children aged 6 through 12 years, girls needed12,000 steps per day and boys needed15,000 steps per day to stay in a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI

This is just the minimum to keep them from putting on weight while eating a normal diet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mbruner58, yes, apparently there will be a challenge called "Family Faceoff".

Here's some info from the Fitbit blog:

"Group Challenges. Kids can compete against their family in daily and weekend Challenges or via Family Faceoff, a brand new 5-day step challenge that allows members in a family account to compete against each other (coming soon). Winner gets a fun virtual trophy. Keep the motivation stoked by cheering and direct messaging each other within the app. Soon, kids will also be able to add their friends to do the same, but with control over who your kids connect with on the platform, you can feel confident knowing that they are only connecting with people you approve."

Best Answer