Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You are already part of a family account.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,  both my wife and I have Fitbit Inspire devices and my son has a Fitbit ace. 

My wife has invited me to become part of the family account so I can interact with my son- who is linked to her guardian account. When I attempt to do this the app states

'You are already part of a family account'

According to my app, I am not part of a family.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone (Fitbit 3.13 (919) and no joy. I have an i-Phone 5S running iOS 12.4.3. (My Fitbit  is running OS 33.2001.63.5) I read through the section on guardianship and haven't found a solution. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Stevejogon.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the difficulty you're experiencing with joining a Fitbit family account. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this and providing the additional details. I would like to confirm if you see "My Family" when you tap your profile picture from the Today tab? I also recommend confirming the steps to add a family member and join a family account in this help article: How do I add a family member or guardian to my Fitbit family account?

Please keep me posted. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same issue and it does not show me what family I am supposedly apart of. I cannot join my husband's family account because I am already apart of a family. I need to somehow delete whatever family I am apart of, but I have no way of finding out what that family is. I have looked all throughout the app with no luck. I hope you figured out how to resolve it because the suggestion from Fitbit below did not help at all. 

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mikeljo79.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with Family account. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I would like to advise that Guardians and family members can leave a Fitbit family account. Main guardians must delete the family account to leave the account. Please find the steps to leave a Family account in this help article: How do I leave a Fitbit family account?

To delete the Family account, please see How do I delete my Fitbit family account?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help with a similar (bit not identical) issue. My husband has added my older daughter to his family account. I have added our younger daughter to my family account. We are trying to merge families, and it's not clear to me: if I leave or delete my family account and join my husband's family account, what happens to my younger daughter? My understanding is that each adult can only have one kid associated with their account, so he can't just add her to his, she needs to stay with my account...To put it more clearly, can someone explain how to merge a family of two adults and two kids into a single family? TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KateCanSkate.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your concern about the Fitbit family account. I am glad to assist you with that. You can add more child accounts to the same Fitbit family account, see How do I add more child accounts to my Fitbit family account? for more details. Your husband can add you and your younger daughter to the same Fitbit family account. Please check this help article for more information: How do I add a family member or guardian to my Fitbit family account? 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes