Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

find my ACE2 (and my kid)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

suggest adding a "Find my ACE2" feature like my "Find my iPhone".  This would allow parents to GPS track their kids

1800kidney

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the forums!

I would add this to the features forum. Developers look there for ideas. If it gets the votes it could be added

Features Forum

One done I would come back and add a link to the suggestion so others can vote for it

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB thanks for jumping in here! Feature suggestions is a great place to go with ideas. 

@1800kidney Welcome to the forums. The only thing that would hinder this suggestion from coming to be is that there is no GPS on Ace 2. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Very true. Didn't think about that!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I think Fitbit should put a GPS tracking device on the kids Fitbits for kids safety...I would purchase in a heartbeat!!

Best Answer

Hi, @Glassgirl01 , you might like to vote for, and add yur comments to this feature suggestion to make a kids Fitbit with a GPS tracker.  The suggestion is marked as "under consideration", so that's a really good sign!

Of course adding a GPS chip would add to the cost and size of the tracker, and that might put some people off...  But it seems to me that it would be great to have this as an option.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Simply putting a GPS tracker in the Ace still will not be enough.

The phone will still need to be within 100 get off the child to work.

Ideally a cellular network would still need to be added to the Ace.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the Strava app, if designed to record your runs using the GPS off the phone, it then loads this data to the users Strava account. Fitbit does this also.

If the user has a payed for Strava account then they also have the option to share their run in real time with their friends. However this requires the Strava app having access to GPS and a cellular connection.

The Fitbit does not have GPS and it does not have anyway to communicate through anything but Bluetooth. 

As for tracking solders, this was simply something the app on the phone was programmed for.

The Fitbit app, not a Fitbit tracker, could easily be programmed to send it's life data to the Fitbit server, however it would require the user to carry their phone with them.

Since they then will have a phone there are other apps that will do this more effectively and only send the position when requested.

Best Answer
Got it! Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

@1800kidney I'm so glad to hear that you managed to figure it out with Strava app. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Thank you so much for the information you shared and your help @Rich_Laue

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

die

@Julia_G wrote:

Hi, @Glassgirl01 , you might like to vote for, and add yur comments to this feature suggestion to make a kids Fitbit with a GPS tracker.  The suggestion is marked as "under consideration", so that's a really good sign!

Of course adding a GPS chip would add to the cost and size of the tracker, and that might put some people off...  But it seems to me that it would be great to have this as an option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having GPS in a tracker will not be helpful unless the child of within the 50 or under really ideal conditions 150 feet that Bluetooth will travel.

It your looking for the ability to track a lost child them the unit will also need cellular service and possibly a monthly cellular fee.

Best Answer