Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit for family

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a charge 2 and I'm giving that one to my son. I have a versa now, and I want them both on my phone. How can I add my sons details to the charge 2 without affecting my new one. if that makes sense. thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can't have two devices on one account. You can set him up with the Charge 2, but he will need his own email address and Fitbit account. You can share the phone, but you'd need to log out of your account and move your device out of range while you set him up. Since the Fitbit pairs to the email address, it shouldn't be a problem keeping your steps apart. Once he's set up, you can log him out to get into your own account.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @caramello2019  if you're trying to set your son up on a Family Account with the Charge 2, it won't work. The Family Account is for the Ace and Ace 2 for the child and any other style for the adult. This is due to the laws of the various countries. In the US, it's age 13 and in some European countries, the age is 16 to have their own account online.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks, is there a way to get his details on the charge 2 but not affect my details on mine, and have two fitbits on one account on my iphone? thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't have two devices on one account. You can set him up with the Charge 2, but he will need his own email address and Fitbit account. You can share the phone, but you'd need to log out of your account and move your device out of range while you set him up. Since the Fitbit pairs to the email address, it shouldn't be a problem keeping your steps apart. Once he's set up, you can log him out to get into your own account.

Best Answer