Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally set up Ace to Parent (Guardian)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Iv just set up an account, it told me to set my self one up and then add my child account,  so I put all my information in and then it connected for the ace but with my information. How do I reset this and put my sons info in? 

The steps it gave me to follow are not how it actually was. Now I’m stuck 

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Amos16, it seems that you have set up the Ace for yourself.  You need to set up the Ace on your child's page rather than yours.

Here are the steps:

1. Create a Fitbit account for yourself (you've done that)

2. Set up a Family Account (you've done that too)

3. Add your child to the Family Account (I think you have done that too)

The next steps are what you are missing:

4. Go to Account (that's the icon that looks like an ID card) and click on your child's name.

5. On the next page, select "Switch to Kid View"

6. On Kid View choose "Set up a kid-compatible tracker" and follow the steps there.

You do not need to remove the Ace from your account first.  As soon as you set it up on your son's page it will automatically be removed from your account.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if you need more information.  I hope your son enjoys his new Ace!  Welcome to the forums. 

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi, @Amos16, it seems that you have set up the Ace for yourself.  You need to set up the Ace on your child's page rather than yours.

Here are the steps:

1. Create a Fitbit account for yourself (you've done that)

2. Set up a Family Account (you've done that too)

3. Add your child to the Family Account (I think you have done that too)

The next steps are what you are missing:

4. Go to Account (that's the icon that looks like an ID card) and click on your child's name.

5. On the next page, select "Switch to Kid View"

6. On Kid View choose "Set up a kid-compatible tracker" and follow the steps there.

You do not need to remove the Ace from your account first.  As soon as you set it up on your son's page it will automatically be removed from your account.

I hope this helps.  Please post again if you need more information.  I hope your son enjoys his new Ace!  Welcome to the forums. 

Best Answer

@Amos16 Welcome to the Community! @Julia_G did a great job of outlining how to correctly set up on your child's account (thank you!). Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I would be greatful for any help.

I had a fit bit and account and bought my daughter an ace last week.

When adding a family account and her account i have saved her new account to my phone. So when she looks on her tablet she can only see my account.

How can I best set it up again so that she has her child's view on her tablet?

Do I need to delete her profile and start again

ThANKS

pAUL

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pgphysio it sounds like you need to switch her to kids view.

To do that log into your account on her tablet and switch from parent view to kid view: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account iconUser-added image
  2. Tap My Family.
  3. Tap your child’s name.
  4. Tap Switch to Kid View

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

many thanks for your reply Kate.

In the account section of her tablet there is no option to view or change to family setting,

Just my details.

On my phone I can switch easily and sync her details?

Best Answer

@pgphysio You can switch from your account to hers on the phone. Click the link I included in my post before this for instructions. Is the tablet updated to the latest iOS or Android fitbit app? It may be why you aren't able to see family account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I will look at the tablet updates tomorrow and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set up a family account as well on my cell phone.  I am not a Fitbit user.  I created account as instructed to set up my child’s new ace.  For her to access it, will she always have to log in the app using my email address and password? She has her own iPad she will be using to access the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Jennrae, I think the best way forward would be to log in to your account on your child's iPad.  You should see your daughter there.  Choose log on to Kid view.  Your daughter's Ace should be there.  If not, then follow the instructions ro set it up again on her iPad -- don't worry that it was already set up on your phone...  

After that your daughter will stay logged in and can sync the Ace from her iPad (as long as it is at least Gen 3) and she will not need your password or have access to your Fitbit account.

You will still be able to check on her stats from your phone by logging in to your Fitbit account on your phone.

I hope this is clear and makes sense!

Best Answer

Yes.  We will try it that way. 

Thank you.  

Best Answer

Trying to setup on Amazon fire tablet.  Fitbit app is version 2.63.  Is this possible? I don't see the family account option. If not possible now do you know the time line for when it will be?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you that was very helpful since there were no useful instructions included

Best Answer

@RidgeRoller wrote:

Trying to setup on Amazon fire tablet.  Fitbit app is version 2.63.  Is this possible? I don't see the family account option. If not possible now do you know the time line for when it will be?  Thanks

Have you checked the Kindle store to see if they released a software update?  If they have, then you might want to update it before you proceed with any further troubleshooting.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @RidgeRoller, unfortunately the Kindle Fire is not on the Fitbit supported device list.  

My understanding is that it is at base an Android device but has a number of custom variations introduced by Amazon, and for this reason Amazon has produced their own bespoke version of the Fitbit app.  

However, unlike Fitbit, who update their app very frequently, Amazon has not updated the app in a long time.  That means older features will work on the Kindle Fire (even though it is not officially supported), but newer features, like Family Account, will not.

I would suggest that your best bet would be to lobby Amazon to update their version so that you can use Family Account.  However, until they do, you will not be able to use it, or any other recent features and developments, on the Fire Tablet.

I am very sorry not to have better news for you.

Best Answer

There's been no update to the app in the Amazon app store and I doubt it ever will be as it is many version back compared to what is currently in the Play store. I worked around this issue by side-loading the current version at time which does support the family accounts and the Ace.

It is not Amazon who needs to be lobbied in this matter, but Fitbit.  Amazon does not update other's apps it only approves and distributes. For the Fitbit app to get an update in the Amazon app store, Fitbit must submit the updated version to Amazon.  However as stated at the beginning of your reply the Fire tablet is not listed as a supported device, which is Fitbit saying they will not spend the money or time to do that. So don't hold your breath.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RidgeRoller Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced while trying to set up a Family Account. The Amazon fire tablet hasn't been in the supported devices list. This is why some features of the Fitbit app may might not work. I appreciate your understanding with this.

You can go ahead and vote for this Feature Suggestion which requests compatibility of the Amazon Fire tablet with Fitbit platform. The more votes this idea gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineers.

Let me know if you have any doubts!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to set up my daughter’s ace on her iPad. It locates the ace and then when I enter the code I get the following message-

error. The operation couldn’t be completed. (Com.fitbit.HTTP error 500.)

any suggestions?  I have attempted it multiple times over 2 days. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@afinoc23 I'm sorry to hear about the setup difficulties that you are experiencing with your daughter's Ace. Please try restarting her Ace as described in this help article. Once you've restarted your daughter's Ace, try the setup process one more.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I have restarted the Fitbit several times and attempted to set it up without any results. I read a second article about checking settings on the tablet and I also did that. I’m still getting the same error message.

Amy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes