Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace Fitbit steps go down during day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter's Ace Fitbit for two days in a row has had the step count decrease in the middle of the day.  She was at 9.8k steps around lunch time.  Today she took it off to go swimming for a couple hours and when she put it back on the step count showed 5.1k.  Yesterday the same scenario happened.

Any ideas on why it's doing this?  We've had it for about a month and it hasn't done this before.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@NelsonFam that's very strange. Does your daughter have her own individual child account? I'm wondering if multiple trackers are paired to one account and information may be syncing over each other. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,

We have a Family account as follows:

My Cell phone:

Guardian 1: Josh (myself), Charge 2

Child Account 1: my son, Ace

My wife's cell phone:

Guardian 2: Wife, Charge 2

Child Account 2: my daughter, Ace

My daughter's Fitbit continues to change it's step count value every day.  She writes it down now to keep track.  Her step count will decrease from 10k to 5k and her exercise minutes will decrease to zero.  We are not currently sync'ing their fitbits to anything.  Usually happens in the afternoon.

The other 3 fitbits have not changed counts so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NelsonFam Thanks for getting back to me. It's very strange that the tracker step count would be decreasing while it's not syncing at all. I haven't heard of that. I've gone ahead a created a support case for you so our team can take a closer look. They should be contacting you shortly. Feel free to circle back here after corresponding. I'm curious to hear what they find out. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  Did you ever get to the bottom of this as my son's Fitbit is doing the same?  Please can you help.  Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @mrsmoo123.

If you haven't done so, please restart your Fitbit device by following these instructions.

In addition, please verify if there are exercises manually logged in the Fitbit app. Manually logged activities can overwrite the steps recorded by the Fitbit device. You can delete any manually logged activity to get the missing steps back.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes