Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace band doesnt fit my just turned 10 year old!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought the fitbit ace for my daughters 10th birthday. Her birthday was yesterday and you can imagine how disappointed she was when she tried to put it on to find that it doesn't fit! She's so upset as this is all she wanted! Have to put it on the last hole which means the little band thing to hold it doesn't fit therefore it can't be worn as it's not secure. And even then it is still tight. This is ridiculous! She's only just turned 10 for goodness sake. And I know i COULD get the alta band to replace it but I feel like why on earth should I pay for another band when this one should fit in the first place....It is made for kids up to 13 years old and she is a regular sized 10 year old girl! Hopefully i can get some kind of resolution to this or I will just take it back to the shop where I purchased it for a refund. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @RachyFB, some other people have had this issue, and have mentioned that if you get in touch with Fitbit Customer support on contact.fitbit.com they will supply a larger band (although it seems that is a plain black one).

The Ace for kids is a new venture from Fitbit and I expect they are learning from customer feedback that they may need to revise their sizing a little, or provide a large and a small band as they do with some adult trackers.

I am really sorry for your daughter's disappointment on her birthday, but if you give them a call, I am confident that Fitbit will want to put it right.

Hopefully when she has a properly fitting one she will really enjoy the fun of counting her steps and competing with family and friends in Fitbit challenges.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @RachyFB, some other people have had this issue, and have mentioned that if you get in touch with Fitbit Customer support on contact.fitbit.com they will supply a larger band (although it seems that is a plain black one).

The Ace for kids is a new venture from Fitbit and I expect they are learning from customer feedback that they may need to revise their sizing a little, or provide a large and a small band as they do with some adult trackers.

I am really sorry for your daughter's disappointment on her birthday, but if you give them a call, I am confident that Fitbit will want to put it right.

Hopefully when she has a properly fitting one she will really enjoy the fun of counting her steps and competing with family and friends in Fitbit challenges.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thank you Julia. I have contacted them so fingers crossed I can get a new band from them. They must think there are a lot of really skinny kids around lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another thought, though it might cost a couple of dollars, any band designed for the Alta or Alta HR will fit the Ace.

Many like to customize their fitbits by buying multiple bands.

Best Answer

And adding on to what @Rich_Laue mentioned, you can get Alta HR/Alta bands off sites like eBay and Amazon for as little as $5 shipping and handling.  Plus, there is more variety.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@RachyFB Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I would like to follow up on your case and would like to know if our Support team helped you with your daughter's Ace wristband.

@DramaQueenDiva @Rich_Laue @Julia_G Thank you guys so much for your help!

See you all around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes