Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace doesn’t automatically track sleep.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My child’s Ace does not track sleep automatically as stated.  To track sleep he must go to the app on his phone, open sleep, click the + sign and tap a box that says “Begin Sleep Now”.  

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@SM1234 Welcome to the Ace boards. You do not need to tap begin sleep now. Ace will automatically tracker the time spent in bed, your child just needs to wear the Ace to bed. If you are having any difficulties or this isn't working as expected let me know, I'd be happy to investigate further.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hi. My daughters ace watch didn’t track her sleep last night automatically? Does it take a while to sync? Thanks. Rachel 

Best Answer

@RachNZ It's great to see you here in the Fitbit forums! Let me help you to find a solution for the sleep tracking issue that your daughter's Ace is experiencing. Regarding your inquiry, the Ace should sync the data in a moment, it doesn't take that long to sync, unless there is weak Internet signal. However, if this is not the case, make sure that your daughter wears the tracker properly. You can see the wearing tips in the seventh page of the Ace's manual.

Finally, please try the following troubleshooting steps: Restart your daughter's Ace as described in this help article and then monitor the sleep tracking tonight and see if the info gets synced the next morning.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

From my phone I go to the Fitbit App.

I go to account

I click on sleep

There is no +

It says

Sleep Goal

Target Sleep Schedule

Bedtime Reminder

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SanDiegoM Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up with the sleeping issues that your Ace is experiencing and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Ace is tracking your sleep properly now.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just adding on to what @KateFitbit mentioned, since the Ace automatically tracks sleep, tapping the "Start Sleep Now" function on the app won't work for the Ace.  That function is for trackers, such as the One that aren't worn on the wrist.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

hello my name is tica

this is my second day of wearing an ace fitbit and last night was my first night sleeping with it

i just woke up and wanted to check how long i had slept but it still said 0 minutes. What happened?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tica_mushu_123 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Ace didn't track your sleep. Please restart your Ace as described in this help article. Once you've done this, make sure that your Ace is not too tight and monitor your sleep during the night and go to your Fitbit app (on the "Sleep" tile) in order to see if your sleep was recorded.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted the Fitbit and it does track sleep automatically now.

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

@SM1234 I'm so glad to hear that your Fitbit is tracking sleep automatically now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My sons doesn't either. One of the reasons I bought it for him too. Fitbit help have said he needs to do it manually which defeats the object. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kerhie It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace is not tracking his sleep automatically either. I would like to know if you have tried restarting the Ace. If you haven't, please follow the restart process as described in this help article. After this, monitor your son's tracker and see if it starts tracking his sleep automatically again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restarted many times. No joy 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kerhie Thank you for getting back and trying the workaround shared above. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son's Ace suddenly stopped tracking sleep today. I have had so many problems with it, the app and switching to kid view and now this, I wish I never bought it 

Can you help me too please. My son's sleep has been tracking fine then today it now won't, everything else is syncing fine except for the sleep. I have had so many problems with this ace. The app wouldn't work properly, then the switch to kid view wouldn't work, then it wouldn't charge and had a permanent exclamation mark in the screen .... Now this... It's so disappointing but mainly for my son as it was his birthday present. Everytime I Google a problem there seems to be so many other people experiencing the same things.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the tracking issues that your son's Ace is experiencing. In order to assist you accordingly, please let me know what troubleshooting steps you have tried.

In the meantime, please restart the Ace as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. After this, monitor the Ace's behavior and see if the issues get fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the Ace 2 for my son, does my phone have to be close by to sync so I can see the sleep patterns. I just checked the app from work and I don’t see it tracked the sleep last night. Can you help. Thanks 

Best Answer
yes it has to be close, in the same room at least.
Best Answer

@Cymara23 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I appreciate your participation in our Fitbit Community!

Regarding your inquiry, @SunsetRunner is correct. Your son's Ace 2 has to be within a range of 20 feet from your phone so it can sync and transfer the data to your phone's Fitbit app.

In addition, please visit this help article, under the subject "How do I see my child's stats in the Fitbit app" so you can learn more information about your inquiry and extra information about your Family account.

I'll be around if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes