Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace pebble size

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife's wrist is 5.25".  She tried the Flex 2 but found that the tracker itself is too long for the top of her wrist and where it rested cause pain when she moved her wrist (and it looked bulky because the band did not hug her wrist).  When reading on this forum we discovered that is a common issue for people with small wrists and there is not necessarily a fitbit tracker that works great for a wrist of that size.  Can you tell me if the Ace will work for a wrist that small?  The information says that it comes with an extra small band and is made for kids but we cannot find the measurements of the actual tracker part anywhere or someplace that says what size wrist it will work for.  Thanks.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

i was told that the tracker itself is the same size as the alta

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

i was told that the tracker itself is the same size as the alta

Best Answer

Hi, @garyci, are you sure that your wife tried the Flex 2?  The total length of that tracker is just under 1.5 inches (3 cms) so it would definitely fit a wrist 5.25 inches.  It sounds like it would be a good tracker for her, although, because of its tiny size the display is only a series of lights to let you know your progress through your goals, and it does not include a watch.

I believe that @Bunnybear_05 is correct that the tracker length for the new Ace is the same as the Alta / Alta HR (which may be the Fitbit your wife previously tried).  It is pretty small, but for many small wristed women (including me!) the fixed length of the tracker itself is a little wider than one's wrist.  This is due to the limitations of getting all the electronics into the device.  

I have personally found that I get on with the Alta HR, even so (my wrist is only slightly larger than your wife's), but I can see that it might be uncomfortable.  I would really siggest she try the Flex 2 in that case, if she does not mind having no digital display (only tiny lights) and no watch function.  It's a great little tracker in other respects.

I do not think that she would find any improvement in size with the Ace, which is based on the Alta model.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@garyci thanks for your question about Ace. The tracker is similar to the Alta, and the band fits wrists 5"-6.34". You can check out the sizing here

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I would have her try on an Alta or Alta HR just to get an idea for sizing and how it will lay on her wrist. Some stores even have sizing stands to determine which size is right for her.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes