Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Ace strap hypoallergenic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Fitbit Ace strap hypoallergenic? It's causing irritation on the wrist - need advice for the best solution/alternative please.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Beryl85

You can read more about product care in this article - click to go there

From my own experience with the Flex, I used rubbing alcohol to clean the band and made sure my wrist was dry before putting it on. When I forgot to clean it or forgot and had a wet wrist, then I would feel it itching and a rash would happen. Since I took more care of the Fitbit, it hasn't happened.

Anyway, read the article and see if that gives you some help. Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Beryl85 Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear about the reaction that your wrist developed. Let me go ahead and forward this information to our Support team and they'll be happy to assist you further. You should receive an email from them soon.

@Odyssey13 Thank you so much for your contribution my friend!

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Thanks for that. We've actually stuck tape to the inside of the strap and had no further irritation. I think that the hot weather caused extra sweating which didn't helped.

What a great forum - I've had an email from Fitbit. Thanks for the support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have to agree @Beryl85 that this is a great forum. People are here to share their experiences and to encourage us to keep on stepping.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Beryl85 I'm glad to hear that you already received support from our Customer Service department. Thank you for posting the update here. And as my friend @Odyssey13 said, this community is here to help and share information so we all can keep achieving our goals.

You can visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

The issue is simply moisture sitting between the band and your skin.  Try a barrier cream after you wash & dry your skin thoroughly before putting the Fitbit on.

Best Answer

@felix_jane I'm sorry for the late response. However, I really appreciate your contribution in this thread. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer

Hi

What tape did you.use my daughter's wrist is so inflammed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would think any cloth tape would prevent sweat/moisture causing irritation on the skin, otherwise ensure she dries her skin thoroughly and apply a barrier cream after showering, hand washing etc

Best Answer
0 Votes