Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace won’t turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sons Ace battery needed charging, so charged as normal. It wouldn’t sync yesterday so gave up to try again today and now has turned off and won’t come on. Any ideas? I use the family account on my app on iPhone 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes
57 REPLIES 57

Have you restarted the Ace?  Just set it on the charger and press the black button 3 times pausing briefly between presses.  Once the Fitbit logo appears, the Ace has restarted.  Do this 2-3 times, as sometimes the first time doesn't take.

I had a similar issue with my mom's Ace last night.  It turns out I needed to set the Ace up as a new device on her account.  Since all the steps were still on her tracker, she didn't lose any steps.  Go into your son's account and hit "Set Up New Device" and then hit "Replace Ace".  Then follow the prompts and see if that helps.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Rae78 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace is not turning on. I want to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it has come back to life. The restart process that shared my friend @DramaQueenDiva is very helpful for this type of issues. Have you already tried this?

See you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my son's new Ace. Would you please advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bgsessoms, welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your son's Fitbit Ace is not charging. In addition to the restart, you can follow these instructions to resolve charging issues.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me. It won't charge and won't turn on. I have tried the reset process and still no charge. I bought this for my son less than a month ago. He is enjoying it very much but disappointing to have this issue in such a short period of time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marthaissa Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Fitbit Ace is still unresponsive even though you have restarted it. Please try cleaning the contacts of the Ace and the charger with a cotton swab and after this, let it charging for 3 hours and see if it comes back to life.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to proceed accordingly! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi - this did not work either. How can I get a replacement? We've only used this Ace for less than 1 month 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!  I am struggling with my daughter's fitbit ace.  It is unresponsive.  We have charged it overnight on the charger and has been charging connected to computer USB port for awhile now.  The reset option does not seem to work as we have tried pressing the button half a dozen times (3 times each time).  The fitbit will vibrate when the reset button is pressed, but there is no lights on the display.  I don't even see a charging light/display on the fitbit.  I am out of options to try with it.  I tried using a dry q-tip to clean the charging port/connection on the bottom side of the fit bit.  It did not visually appear to be very dirty at all though.  What other options can I try?  My daughter got it on her birthday July 31 and it already does not work.  This is our first experience with a fitbit for our family.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bgsessoms and @SunsetRunner, it's good to see you participating in the forums. 

I'm sorry to see what happened with your Ace devices not responding. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team, but I've been informed that you already have a case created with them, and that they're providing you assistance with this.

I hope  everything goes well, keep us posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

My sons Ace is not resetting or turning on, I don't feel any vibration. I have tried to reset it multiple times and nothing.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

I would recommend going to FitBit support. Their customer service was very
good. They helped me through a few more troubleshooting steps and then
ended up replacing my daughter’s FitBit. Good luck!
Best Answer

@Mwhitney84 wrote:

My sons ace is not resetting or turning on, I don't feel any vibration. I have tried to reset it multiple times and nothing 

Are the contacts on the device clean?  You may not be getting a secure connection, which interferes with charging and reset processes.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Mwhitney84 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your son's Ace is not turning the display on. Thank you for trying the restart process before contacting our forums. I'd like you to try the workaround that suggested my friend @DramaQueenDiva. Try cleaning the contacts of your tracker and charger with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol in order to remove any dust that the contacts accumulate and see if the Ace turns on.

@SunsetRunner Thank you for your help. I'm so glad to hear that our Support team resolved the problem.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I ended up replacing it, cleaning and reseting didn't work. The new one gave me an issue after two months but this time the reset did work. Wondering if water or accidental hits make it go dark, being marketed for kids you would hope it is more resistant. Overall happy with it, my son loves counting his daily steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the information you've provided about this @marthaissa, Fitbit is constantly working to improve the quality of products and services. All the feedback received from users is really helpful, and it's good to know that the device is working now. Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My son's fitbit ace was purchased in July of this year and had been working fine until a week ago.  Initially, his fitbit just seemed to hold a charge for shorter and shorter times, until it got to the point where it wouldn't hold a charge at all without being attached to the charger.  At that point (a few days ago), I read through advice here and tried cleaning the prongs and the charging points with a cotton swab.  I also tried resetting the fitbit several times by pressing the black button on the charging cord thing 3 times.  At that point, I was able to reset it and have the fitbit buzz and see the fitbit logo, etc.  I left it to charge for several hours, but when I came back, the fitbit would immediately lose battery and die almost instantaneously after detaching from charger.  

Today, the fitbit has sat (not attached to charger) since that day earlier, and it is still dead.  I tried reattaching it to the charger, and after a couple hours, I cannot get it to come on and do anything past the fitbit logo and then the date (or is it random numbers?) that comes on right after the logo.  After that, it goes to black screen, even when keeping it attached to the charger.  Resetting by pushing the button does nothing.  Occasionally, I can see the empty battery symbol with the exclamation point right before it dies, but I can't get it to do anything anymore.  

Help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This does not sound like what happened to my daughter's fitbit. I would
recommend contacting FitBit customer service. They were very helpful to
us. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JRN0302, welcome to the Community forums. I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with the battery of your son's Fitbit Ace. 

Thank you for confirming all the steps that you already tried to find a solution. I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this; you should be getting a reply soon. 

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up contacting customer service and they are sending me a new one 

Best Answer
0 Votes