Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a guardian

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife and I were setting up our fitbits last night.  We got ours and two for our kids.  My wife set up the family account with herself as a parent/guardian.  She added me as a friend.  She meant to add me as a parent/guardian so I left the family group.  When she went to add me again it will not let her add me.  We have both restarted everything but when she tries to add me as a parent/guardian there is no check that allows her to add me like there is to everyone else.  Please help.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @jmickmic, welcome to the Community forums and thanks for your inquiry regarding the family account. 

Thanks for confirming that you already tried to reset everything. So I understand that you and your wife are already friends on Fitbit, but she's no longer able to re send the request to invite you to be part of the family account, is that correct? Have you tried logging out from the app, restarting the phone, and then trying to send the request again? 

Remember that the main guardian of the Fitbit family account can make other members into guardians, so it's not necessary to leave the family and join again to become a guardian

Let me know if you're able to join again. Since you just setup your Fitbit devices and stated using them, another possible alternative would be to delete the family account and create another one, then adding the desired members.  

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Hello, similar question from me. 

We created our family and I can see my wife’s name as a friend, but when I try to invite her to join the family or to add her as a guardian there is a clock icon next to her name.

She did receive the invite on her email but the link doesn’t work. Now I can’t resend the invite because the clock icon is where the invite button used to be and I can’t delete her to re-invite.

please let me know what to do.

Thanks,

David

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and it is frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dftcmd and @Purnendu7, thank you for your inquiry and welcome to the Community forums. 

If you're still seeing the clock icon next to your wife's name and it doesn't allow you to re send the invite, please try to log out from the app, then restart the phone and log back in to check if you're able to send it again. 

Keep me posted on the outcome.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks you for your reply.
I already tried logging out and closing the application, then logging back
in, with the same result.
I also did the previous steps and turning the cellphone off as well.
I also deleted the family and re-created it, but the clock icon stays there
every time.
Thanks
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dftcmd, thank you for your reply and confirming that you already tried the steps suggested. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem @Dftcmd, keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm afraid I'm having the same problem too. I originally added my husband as a member, I went to try changing him to a guardian and it said I couldn't because his age was private. I then deleted him from the family (have had it for over 6 months), restarted our phones, logged off of Fitbit, restarted our phones again. 

I continue to get errors every time I try to add my husband as a guardian- I verified his age is not private, yet when I click the icon to add him as guardian I get an error try again message.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello SmKamp
Unfortunately I still have the problem. Every time I reached out to Fitbit
support I received an answer from a different person and had to explain the
problem from the beginning. Some of them seemed to understand what was
going on and asked to follow some steps and contact them back, but again
every time I would get a different person on their side, so no one was
there to follow up and go one step forward. Good luck!.
Please post here if you are able to find an answer. -DFTCMD
Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue. Wife is primary guardian and is a Fitbit user herself. I am not. She’s not able to add me as a guardian despite sending me invite and registering an account. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have the same problem. I would be grateful for information how to solve the problem of addind a guardian when there constantly appears a watch sign next to my wife’s name?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can we setup an Ace 2 on more than one account. My daughter is on her step-mom's account. Buy I would like to add her on mine as well as she's my child.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Despite trying many times Fitbit was never able to resolve this problem. I kept getting the run around between customer service agents who would always start over and never get anywhere. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes