Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate profile access for my son who does not have his own phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got Aces for my kids.  My daughter's Ace is set up to sync to her phone.  My son doesn't have his own phone so I have him set up to sync to my phone.  What I am wondering is if it is possible to have him sync to his sister's phone and access his profile there without them having to access my profile.  The reason I am wondering is my kids are going to their dad's house for the next 5 weeks so my son won't have access to my phone to sync his data.  His sister's phone, on the other hand, will be at their dad's house with them.

Would I have to give them my password so that they could log into my account on her phone in order switch between their profiles or is there a better way?  I had a dongle for my old Alta (now broken) so that I could sync to my computer.  Does the Ace have a dongle? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Okay, I can help you. If your son and daughter are both on child accounts and you have the main account, you can switch from kid view on your daughter's phone and switch to your son's account-since they are all connected to your account and sync him there. The Ace does not come with a dongle because most computers have Bluetooth 4.0 so you can sync to a Mac(Fitbit Connect) or Windows(Fitbit app from Windows store). Fitbit made most of their devices able go without syncing for 7 days.

Hopefully I helped!

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dauldridge welcome to the Community! Hope your kids are enjoying the Ace.

I agree with what @supersmart01234 says, your son could sync on your daughter's phone, but you would have to give the account password to login to your account and then switch to his view, because she wouldn't be able to switch from one kid view to another. The only other thought is to have Dad create a Fitbit account (if he doesn't already) you could then add him to the family as a guardian (you would be the main guardian as the creator of the family account). He could then switch to child view and sync to his phone. 

Regarding the dongle, since family accounts aren't available on the online dashboard at this time, it would not help with syncing a child account. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

If the parent has a Fitbit. they can set their phone up for all day sync. If the child's Ace is nearby it will then sync. 

As for viewing the account, this then becomes a separate issue

Best Answer
0 Votes