Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you pair Ace with ipad?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The process of having to enter and re-enter passwords to toggle back and forth between parent view and kid view on my phone is SUPER annoying. My daughter doesn't have her own phone but I figured as a workaround we could pair her Ace with the ipad, but I can't get the ipad to recognize the Ace. (I also couldn't find an iPad app -- we're using the iPhone app on the iPad -- is that part of the problem?)

I can't believe how complicated this is -- my kid is super disappointed and so am I.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jg37 glad to hear customer support was able to assist you. Let me know how the replacement goes. 

@Rich_Laue thanks for your assistance on this thread! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @jg37 if your Ipad is of a newer model. then yes. You need to install the iOS phone version. 

Simply log into you account and switch to daughters account. 

Since the Ace is already setup to a fitbit account you should be good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Rich. It’s an iPad Air - is that new enough?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Click here ==>> Which versionScreenshot_20180615-212924_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
Yes, I checked the list and the iPad should be compatible (it’s an Air). But I can’t get the iPad to find the Ace. I’ve tried turning Bluetooth off and on, and did “Remove this Ace” (from it being paired with my iPhone) and no luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like you may need to download the app on your iPad Air.  It should be the same process you used to download it on your phones.  Once it's set up on the iPad Air, your daughter should be able to sync from that device directly, rather than using your phone.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Right - we did all that, but it didn’t work.

I spent some time on the phone with customer service and they’re sending out a replacement. Hopefully the next one will work...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jg37 glad to hear customer support was able to assist you. Let me know how the replacement goes. 

@Rich_Laue thanks for your assistance on this thread! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact problem. I bought my daughter the ace for her birthday today and I’ve spent ages trying to set it up to her iPad!! It was the only thing she wanted for her birthday as she’s seen me using mine for years!! She’s disappointed and I’m very frustrated! I can set it up to my phone but her iPad just won’t find it, it’s an iPad Air 2 and I’ve updated it and done all the things I’ve found on the help site.... please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once the Ace is setup to her account then the ace is setup and will not need to be setup again. 

A fitbitFtracker is setup to a Fitbit account, not a phone. 

As long as the iPad is compatible you would download the iPhone version to the iPad .Log into your account and switch to her account under family. 

Im going to assume her Ace is still connected to her account on your family account .

On the IPad please log into your account - switch to family - then your daughter's account. 

The tracker then should sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you’re having the same problem I was having - the solution (unfortunately) was for Fitbit to send me a replacement. Only then did it pair properly with the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this, I did see a comment about this so I paired it with my iPhone and you’re very right it has showed on the account in the iPad however strangely it won’t sync to the iPad, which means she still has to sync it to my phone to get the data updated to the Fitbit account for it to update the iPad screen which is a very long way around it all!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the updates @jg37, it's good to know you're receiving a replacement soon. 

Welcome to the Community forums @Cowtie, it's also good to know that you've been able to see your daughter's account with the instructions provided by @Rich_Laue and @DramaQueenDiva

Apple iPad Air 2 is a compatible device, as it was mentioned  previously. If you are having trouble with this, I recommend trying these troubleshooting steps, if you haven't done so already. Additionally, I'd recommend making sure that you are using the most current version of the iOS app

I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will the compatibility of the ace eventually roll out to the iPad 2nd Generation? I just bought an Ace for my daughter only to find when trying to pair it that it's not actually compatible with her iPad 2. I can get it to sync with my iPhone but it doesn't happen automatically, I have to manually change from my view to kid view for it to sync. It's annoying. I wish I had of researched a bit better because had I known it wasn't compatible with her iPad then I wouldn't have purchased it. 

@DavideFitbit wrote:

Thanks for the updates @jg37, it's good to know you're receiving a replacement soon. 

Welcome to the Community forums @Cowtie, it's also good to know that you've been able to see your daughter's account with the instructions provided by @Rich_Laue and @DramaQueenDiva

Apple iPad Air 2 is a compatible device, as it was mentioned  previously. If you are having trouble with this, I recommend trying these troubleshooting steps, if you haven't done so already. Additionally, I'd recommend making sure that you are using the most current version of the iOS app

@DavideFitbit wrote:

@DavideFitbit wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas and none have rectified the situation. I’m very disappointed and wish I hadn’t wasted my money on the ace and had just got my daughter an Alta

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ejsmith, thanks for your inquiry regarding the iPad 2nd generation, and welcome to the forums. 

As you already mentioned, this specific model is currently not listed as a compatible device, at the moment we don't have any updates regarding future compatible devices, however, other users have reported they're able to sync with some of these phone models, I do recommend that you give a try to these steps. Please note that it can't guaranteed that syncing and other features will work properly if the phone or device being used is not listed as compatible. 

@Cowtie, I'm sorry to see the steps didn't work for your iPad Air 2, could you please confirm that you have updated the app to the latest version as well? A new update was just released; you should have iOS version 2.75.

Could you please confirm this and try to sync your device once more? 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I need help with pairing my sons ace2 with his iPad. It doesn’t synchronise at all plus the Fitbit has started displaying weird time zone that we have never changed. Can you help? My daughters ace2 works well but sons cannot be paired for some reason. Can anyone help please ? I feel we spend ridiculous amount of time on this ..

Best Answer
0 Votes