Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use ace without using a Family Account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can you use this without linking it to the Family and switching the user's account to the kid view?

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Julia_G great to see you, thanks for posting here! 

@flian At this time, we don't have more to share beyond the press release and blog on family accounts. We will be able to provide more clarity around family accounts closer to the upcoming release date. But @Julia_G is correct, children under 13 can not set up an account on their own. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It is impossible to test this at this time, but my guess is not.  I suspect that when the app detects an Ace it will trigger a "family account" .  That is rather the point of a kid's tracker, and Fitbit will be conscious of federal regulations which are strict about parental permission for data storage for kids under 13.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Julia_G great to see you, thanks for posting here! 

@flian At this time, we don't have more to share beyond the press release and blog on family accounts. We will be able to provide more clarity around family accounts closer to the upcoming release date. But @Julia_G is correct, children under 13 can not set up an account on their own. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Due to the fact that it's not released yet, as @Julia_G mentioned, it's impossible to see if you can use the Ace without a family account.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hello. This has been released since the most recent message, so I am wondering - how do you setup an ace without having to deal with a family account?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @gj123, the Fitbit Ace is specifically designed for kids and comes with some built in restrictions and protections designed to keep kids safe on line, and in compliance with federal regulations making sure kids' privacy is protected.  The Ace should always be set up from a child account and will always be subject to certain restrictions.

If you are an adult (or child over 13) wanting a tracker with similar properties, but without the built in kids' protections, the equvalent Fitbit for you would be the Fitbit Alta.

You can check what's available for each Fitbit by looking at the comparison chart

If this does not answer your question, please do post again.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

OK, thank you for the quick response. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @gj123! Please don't hesitate to post back if you need further help or if you have more questions. 

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board. There you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer