Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing height and weight for a child account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how I can change these details that were set up incorrectly to begin with??

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Normally, you would change them here. Look for the profile page of your child.

Best Answer

Hi, @LLard, this is currently a problem in the set up.  

At the moment you are able to change a child's weight, if it was set up wrongly, under Kid view.  On your app, go to your account (that's the icon that looks like an ID card), choose family account, and then click on your child's name and then on the next screen choose "Switch to kid view"

Under kid view you can change the weight.

However, Fitbit have confirmed that they will be removing the weight tile from Kid View (for obvious reasons).  Hopefully they will add it to parent view, so that it can be viewed and updated there, but there has been no information on this.

It does not appear that it is possible at this stage to update the height information.  Hopefully that will be addressed soon.

I would not suggest trying deleting your child and starting over with the set up, as deleting a child account appears to take several days.

As it is not possible to update using the web link suggested above, in order to update the height I think you will need to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com.  They can probably do it for you.

As mentioned, hopefully this issue of height and weight will be addressed in an update to the Family Account.  It is still a very new venture!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@LLard Welcome to the Community! Thanks for stopping by the Ace forum. Please note weight was not meant to be included in the child account experience and has since been removed. You can adjust height as mentioned in @Julia_G's post.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see any way to update a child's height on the app, and my kid doesn't show up on my account on the website .

Best Answer

Hi @Balbazar, go to your Account Settings, then "Set Up Family Account".  Once there, you can find your child's profile and then "Switch To Kid View".

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
On the app or on the website? I already have a family account setup on the
app. I know how to switch to Kid's View. After that, I can't find an option
that allows me to change height. All I've found is to keep their height
private. I don't see anything to actually change it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Balbazar , as I mentioned above, and was confirmed by a moderator, it is currently not possible to update a child's height other than by getting in touch with Fitbit Customer support (contact.fitbit.com).  

I am not sure whether this was an oversight or for some reason deliberately designed that way.  

You may want to create a feature request to make this option directly available to parents / guardians

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Balbazar Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if you contacted our Support team as my friend @Julia_G advised.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes