Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the device the Ace is connected to

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to change the device my daughters ace is connected to.. I tried to set it up on my phone but it would not let me initially. so I connected it to my husbands since she was anxious to use it. now my phone is giving me the option to add another child in the family account but when I try to re-set it up on my phone it not working. it sends to code and when I enter the code it gives me an error 500. please help..

I have deleted her account on my husbands phone and I have added her to my family account on my phone.

Moderator edit: subject format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Have you set the Ace up as a replacement device?  This will trick the Ace into thinking that it has a new owner, which means it will start anew for your daughter.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

The Ace does not get connected to a device, but to a child's account under the family account.

Where you the one who setup the Family account, or was it your husband who did?

Any registered gardian should be able to log into the child's account, through the family account and sync the daughter's tracker. There is no need to set it up again.

@jessicca if you set up the family account, all you  should have to do is swtch to the family account and choose your daughter"s account. I'm assuming th tracker has not been removed from your daughter s account.

BTW the 500 is usually an iOS error.

Best Answer

@jessicca Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I would like to follow up and would like to know if you were able to set up your daughter's Ace after following the steps that my friends @DramaQueenDiva and @Rich_Laue shared.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes