Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Account availability across devices?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the family acount be available with all trackers? I bought my son a Charge 2 recently and I'd love to be able to check in on his stats from my phone without having to disconnect my own Charge 2.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

that would be nice. My hubs and I have fitbits..It would be cool to have everything linked

Best Answer

It wouldn't surprise me.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That might come at a later date, but at launch I suspect only an "Ace" will trigger a family account.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva@Julia_G thanks for your input here! 

@Adrenya, @Bunnybear_05 really great question. At this time, we don't have more to share beyond the press release and blog. We will be able to provide more clarity around family accounts closer to the upcoming release date. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Julia...definitely i can see that. It would just be nice if we could add any other Fitbit ( flex2...for example) to the family account with a kids Ace tracker. 

I know the videos showed the new tracker ( versa...which I am getting anyways) linked in. I just hope that it’s not only limited to the Ionic/versa adult versions to pie with the kids

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be awesome to have a family account where you can have multiple! I have 4 kids and two of them like the fitbits.

Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05, I am really sure that Fitbit will be keen to add what its customers want.  There are important safeguarding issues for kids, and Fitbit will need to comply with Federal regulations for keeping kids safe on line, but I am sure they will be keen to add flexibility to Family Accounts as soon as they can.

Of course, none of us knows what's coming next (or what Fitbit is working on), and as @KateFitbit mentions (and she knows!) there is nothing further to share at this time, but it sounds like Family Accounts is a pretty exciting new venture.  I would expect this will develop over the next few months, once the first Fitbit designed for kids becomes available, so I would say, watch this space!

Best Answer

I think it's a great idea!  There's nothing like family to motivate you to stay healthy!

Best Answer

I agree! My kiddo has the flex 2. He's 8,so I have his account set up on another device, but I'd love to see his without logging out of mine. 

Best Answer

The Family account is only available on the Ace right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if at some point it got brought across to other devices as well.

Best Answer

I really hope they setup the family account on all trackers. My kiddo currently has the Alta and will not be buying another Fitbit for her, especially one that looks identical. I would consider purchasing the Ace band though, since it would fit better.

Best Answer

I would love this as well. I just upgraded my Fitbit so was going to give the Alta to my daughter and disappointed that we can’t have it on the family account.

Best Answer

I bought my wife a Charge 2, and we gave her old HR to my daughter. on the family account its only letting me ad an Ace. Is this the same problem you had?

Best Answer

Yeah, they said right now that it's just available with the Ace, but hopefully that will change. Right now I have my kiddo set up on an old phone so he can sync. It would be nice though to have them linked!

Best Answer

Hi, all, I have created a feature suggestion to "Allow a range of Fitbit Devices for a Family Account"  If you would like to use devices other than the Ace on the Family Account,  you can vote for the suggestion here.

The best way to make the developers know what features you would like to see added is to vote for and comment on feature suggestions.  

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your input in this thread. Just to clarify, family account is available for users across all devices. But Fitbit Ace is the only tracker available for child accounts. You can also create a child account without a tracker using MobileTrack. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply. I have set up a family with my husband and son. I'm not finding where to view their stats though. It just shows me the same information I can see on the friends page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Adrenya, there are two ways you can see your child's steps.  On your family account you can go to kid's view and look there, or on your friend's leaderboard you can see your child's steps as well as your husband's steps.

Best Answer

My son already has an account that I had previously set up for him. When I tried to add him in the family account setting it created a new user instead of linking to his existing account. So I may have done something wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes