Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Account availability across devices?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the family acount be available with all trackers? I bought my son a Charge 2 recently and I'd love to be able to check in on his stats from my phone without having to disconnect my own Charge 2.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

@Mary-Mary it isn't rigging the system.  It is actually helping Fitbit provide what its customers need.  The Ace is specifically designed for kids under 13.  If your kid is under 13 it ought to fit him.  If it doesn't that's their problem and not yours.

I agree that it would be great if more devices culd be added to family accounts.  This is a very new venture for Fitbit and I am sure they are listening.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Actually it is my problem because I would have just bought a tracker that will not fit him. (People actually do this?) That I actually knew would not in the beginning... 

That they would not offer to help me from the start is their problem because I choose not to purchase the product because even in print it will not meet my needs and there is nothing that states they can or will help.

I have done what I can to inform the company that it will not work and they still will not accommodate. For some reason I have to give them $99.99+ tax, waste delivery charges and manpower to get help.

I tried to help them help me when I called. To save both of us time and money. All that needed to happen is a helpful person to say - Oh! How big is your 10 year old son's wrist? I can take care of this for you. Let's get your order in right now on the phone and I will include this larger band to make your purchase fit! Not sure how I can be more clear now. LOL

Best Answer

@Mary-Mary sorry to hear about your experience with customer support. I'm not able to find the case associated with this but have passed this experience on to our team. Please know that if you purchase Ace and it doesn't meet your expectations, we would be happy to provide a better fit experience, just reach out to our support team. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Fitbit, it would be nice if we could choose any device for a child's account.  I purchased the alta hr (instead of t hr e ace) for my child due to a health condition.  Lying about her age just to set up an account means her hr information may not be as accurate.  Please allow ALL devices to be set up in child's account.  When will this feature be available. 

Best Answer

Hi 

are there any updates that can be shared on allowing other devices to be configured with a child account?

thank you

Best Answer

I would also like this option. I was going to order my son (12yo) a FitBit, but would prefer to get him the Alta HR for the additional features since he'll grow into them. As a result, I'm going to hold off on making a purchase until I see that the Family Account feature has been expanded.

Best Answer

My 10-year old has an iPad... but there is not a Fitbit app in the App Store.  Love that you guys thought about family & child accounts, but the fact that you do not support Fitbit in the App store for iPads, and I cannot link a Charge 2 to a child account tells me you didn't spend much time thinking through Family/Child accounts....

Best Answer

@Kent01 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I really understand your frustration and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Please let me know what is the model of your child's iPad model. Please check out this help article, which has a list of the supported devices.

Looking forward to your response!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

About the bigger issue the family/child accounts but supporting any devices other than aces? What if our children have charges or any other trackers?

Best Answer

I'm simply requesting that just
as with the kids fitbit, I can link my child's fitbit with my account.
She has a medical condition, where I am monitoring her heart rate. The
kids fitbit didn't track heart rate, so i had to get a different fitbit.
However I couldn't sync her info with my account. I didn't say anything
about social media!!!!!!

I'm simply trying to monitor my child's health condition as closely as
possible.

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

Thanks, but it’s not really good enough.

I’m in the same boat, having just bought an alta HR for my 11 yr old daughter. We chose this one for the heart rate monitor. Nowhere on the box is there any warning that this device is unsuitable for children. I was previously aware that fitbit has child accounts but not that these are restricted to Ace. I can’t expose my daughter to unsolicited social media grooming so this device is a dud for us.

We are very disappointed and wish to warn others about this transparent ripoff

Best Answer

Get your child an Aace 2 and put it in a clip that they can attach to a shoe or a belt. Also, you can get an ankle strap for the Ace 2 from Amazon. I got one for my 7 year old daughter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We bought a Versa 4 for our daughter without knowing there were age restrictions or device restrictions on the family account.  Fitbit suggested we create an independent account for my young girl.  Having this account open for my underage daughter exposing her to online presences that I cannot monitor is unacceptable and dangerous.  Also not being able to have two devices connected with my e-mail without a family account is very inconvenient.  I am incredibly disappointed with Fitbit.  I cannot express how important a child's security and health are to her parents.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @agotham , I am very surprised and disappointed to hear that Fitbit suggested that you create an account for an underage child.  You are quite right in thinking that that is inappropriate.  The federal regulations regarding child online accounts are there to protect children.

You might like to add your vote and your comments to a product feedback suggestion to allow more devices than the Ace to Family accounts so that your child could use the Versa 4.  You can find this suggestion here .  It is currently listed as “under consideration” by Fitbit, so the more votes the more likely it is to be implemented.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer