Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display time in 24h format on Ace

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

By default time is displayed in 12h format on the Ace. I would like to use the 24h convention. I cannot find anything to set this in the Fitbit App. I also own Charge HR for which this could be set using the web portal, but as the Ace does not appear on the web portal this solution does not work. Any idea?

Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Marc594, unfortunately this is not currently possible.  The Fitbit Ace can only be set up on a mobile platform, and, as you have noted, the only place to change to 24 hour format is on the web based platform -- where you cannot access the Ace.

The best bet would be to add this to the Feature Suggestion forum.  Sorry not to have better news for you.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, @Marc594, unfortunately this is not currently possible.  The Fitbit Ace can only be set up on a mobile platform, and, as you have noted, the only place to change to 24 hour format is on the web based platform -- where you cannot access the Ace.

The best bet would be to add this to the Feature Suggestion forum.  Sorry not to have better news for you.

Best Answer

Hi @Marc594, it's good to see you around the forums. 

As @Julia_G already mentioned, this wouldn't be possible unless the option to change the time format to 24 hours was available in the Fitbit app (where you can access the Ace). You can vote and add your comments to this specific idea posted in the Feature Suggestion board to have the 24 hour clock format as option in app

Thanks for your inquiry and feedback, I'm sure all the input received by users about these features will be of great help for future updates. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I have opposite problem - just bought two Aces for my daughters, but both are defaulting to 24 hour clock, and they want 12 hour clock format - can this be changed? Thank you

Best Answer

@Nelson76 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if you were able to change the format of the time of your daughters' trackers.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a mess... If I add the Ace to the family it is a 24 hours format I do not want. If I add it as a regular device which I cannot since it is my phone where I am setting up my boy, it is a 12 hours format...

There needs to be a better way to control such an essential feature as the 24 hours format !

Best Answer

Hi, @j-f, I have flagged your post, so possibly a moderator can create a support case for you.  The Ace should have a default of 12 hour format, not 24, so it would be interesting and informative to find out why yours doesn't.

Hopefully you can get some support on this.  If you get a solution, please let the Community know!

Having said that, having it in a 24 hour format will give your child lots of mental arithmetic practice to convert it back to 12 hour.  Very educational!

Best Answer

I was never able to change the time format. How can it be done on the Family account??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Nelson76, it cannot be done in the Family Account.  The Family Account is only available in the app, and the time format can only be accessed in the web based platform.

The Ace *should* default to the 12 hour format, and theoretically can only be displayed that way.  However, yours is not working as expected if it is displayed in 24 hour format.  It would be very interesting to know why yours and @j-f is defaulting in that unexpected way.

A moderator will be able to open a support case for you.

Have you tried giving your Ace a restart?  I guess it is possible that that will reset the time format.

Best Answer

Thanks Julia_G. I’ll try the restart. But surely Fitbit will fix this anomaly to allow head of family to change Ace settings including time format which should be simple??

Best Answer

@j-f @Nelson76 @Julia_G Thank you so much guys for bringing this to our attention and reporting this. Before I proceed accordingly, I would just like you guys to try the following: Log out of your Fitbit app, make sure that your phones have the most recent app version installed. After this, open the app and log in. Finally, try setting up your child's Ace again through the Family account, through your own accounts, change the format, go back to your child's account and sync the Ace and see if the format goes to 12 hour.

Let me know how it goes and I'll be happy to follow up if the issue persists! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is mad that you can’t change the time settings on an ACE2, I will have to return the watch.

its such a basic option!

Best Answer

I also got an Ace 2 for my daughter which has automatically defaulted to 24hr clock. She has had device for a year now but is too young to understand the 24 hour clock, only steps. Is there anyway to fix this, given it is meant to be a child device?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ros-b,
I didn't find a way to change it. It took some time, but my son already
learned how to read it.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the solution on a different search. 

https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

then scroll down and select 24 hr or 12 hour.

.....next sync, your watch will change.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey, how can I make this change on child account. It is impossible to login on the web, since it has no email as the username. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sukidifferent.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your concern. I appreciate your efforts and would like to confirm that Fitbit kids trackers have a default of 12 hour format. To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, please vote for this suggestion submitted in the Feature Suggestions board. While it's not currently planned at this moment, we continue tracking this request over time based on the votes added. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes