Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 setting up Ace

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok so I am trying to set up my childs fitbit on her ipad.

Why am I getting the com.fitbit.HTTP error 500 message.

I have checked the ipad is compatible.

The latest Fitbit update has been updated.

The latest IOS update on the ipad has been updated.

The Bluetooth works fine.  It is finding the Fitbit Ace and we are receiving the code back to input on the app.  This when we get the error code.

I am at my wits' end.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Thanks, we managed to get it to sync to her iPod, after trying about a hundred times... thanks again for your advice, really was far more difficult than bit needed to be I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Are you setting this up on a family account?

That error generally means there is a problem on the server side, not on your end. Have you tried it again?

Best Answer
Yes was trying to...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Error500, this is an error message that is occasionally and intermittently affecting some iOS users.  If you're sure that you have the latest Fitbit app installed on the iPad, then the next thing to try would be to log out of the app completely, log back in, then give the Ace a restart and try the set up again.  

If after trying these steps two or three times more you are still getting this error message, please get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com.  They may have some updated information on this error.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thanks, we managed to get it to sync to her iPod, after trying about a hundred times... thanks again for your advice, really was far more difficult than bit needed to be I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer