Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace doesn't show steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, we have receivers my sons new Fitbit Ace today. He is really pleased with it but rather than showing how many steps he has done it only by shows how far he was walked/ran? Does anyone know how to change this please? Thank you 

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@WW28 Glad to hear your son likes his Ace and welcome to the Community!

Are you talking about on the Ace itself? If you tap it should show the time, steps, and active minutes. Ace does not calculate distance so I'm not sure what feature you mean when saying it shows how far he walked?

If you are talking about seeing his step count in the app, have you checked to ensure the step tile is loaded, you can find instructions for that here. If you are still not seeing that, are you certain that the Ace was paired to his account?  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter's ace is also showing distance (3.3 km) instead of her number of steps on the fitbit itself.   When we go to the app, it shows the number of steps and not distance.  She would like see her step count on the ace.  Help!

Best Answer

Hi, @Kc37 and @WW28, I think the confusion is that when the Ace is set up in vertical clock face (default) mode, once you get to 1000 steps, because of limited screen space the number of steps is rounded to the nearest 100. In this case the k does not stand for kilometers -- it stands for thousands!

So 1K is 1000 steps... 1.1K is 1100 steps, 1.2 K is 1200 steps, and so on.  So 3.3 K is 3300 steps.  In all cases it is showing steps, not distance.

Since for most people (and certainly most kids 8-13) 100 steps is only a few moments walking, the rounding shouldn't cause too many worries -- and your kids will be getting a math lesson in rounding at the same time!  However, if your child does find this confusing, or just doesn't like it, you can change the clock face to horizontal.  There's a video explaining how here.  

In the horizontal face you will lose the flower that grows when you are active and shrinks when you sit around too long -- something I think would appeal to kids.  So it might be worth your child learning about rounding... Up to you, of course!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi my sons Ace isnt tracking steps. Its synced to my phone but showing 0 steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lbow78 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I want to follow up and would like to know if your son's Ace is still unable to track his steps or if the issue has been resolved.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My child’s Fitbit ace is doing the exact same thing as described above. It indicates distance of 9.9 k And not a total steps taken for the day display. This is becoming quite frustrating for myself and disappointing for my child

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! If you change the screen to the horizontal display, it will show the exact number of steps. It is simply that the vertical display does not have the room so it rounds the numbers (K stands for « thousand »). Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Veronaf Welcome to our Fitbit Community! The information that shared @DaisyPB is correct. Please try changing the orientation of the display to horizontal in order to have the full amount of steps shown.

Please let us know if more assistance is needed and we'll be glad to help you! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes