Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ace active minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my eldest has a Fitbit Ace.  My youngest has a garmin vívofit. We are having some issues around active minutes.  The Ace doesn’t seem to record many.  15000 steps and only 30 minutes recorded as active most days but sometimes it goes down as nearer 60 minutes but not often.  On the garmin the other child reaches about 90 minutes active when she’s done the same number of steps.  My eldest thinks she is being short changed.  She’s the one we are trying to encourage to exercise more.  15000 steps on a day out walking or running about the park is very demoralising when her active minutes are so low.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not sure whether the garmin and fitbit consider active minutes to be the same.

Fitbit only awards active minutes when it assesses that we are being very active, not just mildly active. They say:

"Your Fitbit device recognizes and awards active minutes when the activity you're doing is more strenuous than regular walking, which includes everything from a brisk walk to a cardio workout or run."

taken from: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1379

Could it be that the garmin is including regular walking?

Best Answer

@Singingmummy Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, i would like to follow up and would like to know if your daughter's Ace is tracking her active minutes more accurate now or if the discrepancy persists.

@SteveH Thank you my friend for the great explanation and tips!

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes