Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ace strap too small

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve just bought the Fitbit ace for my son the strap is way too small will any other fitbit strap be compatable with it.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Hi, @sbusby2004, and replacement straps, Fitbit or thrid party that are designed to fit the Alta or the Alta HR will fit the Ace.  So yu have lots of choice!

Do make sure that it is a secure strap that works well with your chiod's activity profile.  If he is climbing trees and jumping in ditches he will need something pretty robust...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Julia_G thanks for the great suggestions here! @sbusby2004 Welcome to our Community! I've also created a case for you. Someone from our support team will reach out with options. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I just purchased 3 Ace's for my 3 kids (7yr, 9yr, and 11 yr old). I had the same problem with my normal sized 11 year old son. The strap is VERY small, no growing room. I called customer service and they told me the Alta HR replacement bands will fit the ACE. Only buyer beware, I purchased a 3rd party strap from Amazon for my son and the buckle broke within 4 hours. I just bought 3 Ace"s and I hate the idea of having to pay shipping for a fitbit replacement band for my 11 year old son when the original band should have fit when it states it is for 8-13 years old. Fitbit if you are listening ...I need a a courtesy replacement band for my normal size 11 year old!! 

Best Answer

@MamaLide wrote:

I just purchased 3 Ace's for my 3 kids (7yr, 9yr, and 11 yr old). I had the same problem with my normal sized 11 year old son. The strap is VERY small, no growing room. I called customer service and they told me the Alta HR replacement bands will fit the ACE. Only buyer beware, I purchased a 3rd party strap from Amazon for my son and the buckle broke within 4 hours. I just bought 3 Ace"s and I hate the idea of having to pay shipping for a fitbit replacement band for my 11 year old son when the original band should have fit when it states it is for 8-13 years old. Fitbit if you are listening ...I need a a courtesy replacement band for my normal size 11 year old!! 

Have you had a look at the regular Alta/Alta HR bands?  They might provide you with more options and are huge!  I have an Alta HR and really big mitts and I can easily fit into the small band and still have lots of wiggle room.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

This is such an oversight by the Fitbit team. The Ace is marketed to 8 + kids. My average size 10 year old is having to use the last hole in the strap. The strap is made to fit a toddler. I called today and after several minutes on hold I was told I could by a replacement strap for an Alta for $25. I politely declined and eventually the person offered to send me a black strap which made my daughter sad bc she liked the blue color. I had to take what I could get after my 20 minute call. 

Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva great suggestions! 

@SSW_757 I'm sorry to hear that the product didn’t meet your expectations but glad that customer support was ultimately able to provide you with a better fit experience. 

@MamaLide I've sent you a PM.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@SSW_757 wrote:

This is such an oversight by the Fitbit team. The Ace is marketed to 8 + kids. My average size 10 year old is having to use the last hole in the strap. The strap is made to fit a toddler. I called today and after several minutes on hold I was told I could by a replacement strap for an Alta for $25. I politely declined and eventually the person offered to send me a black strap which made my daughter sad bc she liked the blue color. I had to take what I could get after my 20 minute call. 

You could also go on to third party sites like eBay that have even more options.  I'm looking on there for bands for my trackers for my next trip.  Last year I was able to get a mesh band with rhinestones on it for my Alta HR.  Their prices were a lot cheaper too, mine cost a total of $5.  I've also bought several Flex bands from them, and I got a 5 pack of those bands for $5 as well.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Fitbit needs to make a larger band for the ACE. The current band does not fit around my 11 year old's wrist!! Just bought the ACE for his birthday and he can't even wear it. Very irritating!! And now I have to go spend MORE money to purchase a band for an ALTA or ALTA HR.  Fitbit should supply a new band in the same color that actually fits.  Not happy at all!  I expect Fitbit to take care of this asap as this is not good customer service nor is it doing them any favors with the promotion and selling of the ACE.  I have a feeling that Fitbit will be receiving a ton of complaints on this issue!  

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @haymil88

Thank you for reaching out, and we are sorry to hear that the product didn’t meet your expectations.  

We would like to help and provide a better fit experience. I’ve gone ahead and created a case for you, someone from our support team will be reaching out to further assist.

Let me know the outcome, I'll be around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi sons Fitbit band is also too small. Can someone contact me too please?

Best Answer

Welcome @ElizaMannas! I'd love to help you further with this, you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Had the same issue.  In the set up of the ACE was told to contact Fitbit customer service in order to get a larger band.  After talking with the fitbit customer service rep, was told that because I purchased the fitbit at Walmart, which is not a fitbit authorized retailer and that I should contact Walmart.  So I called Walmart customer service, and they said I could return it and get a larger size....only IT DOESN'T come in a larger size.....aghh.  Went back to Fitbit customer service via chat, and the person was fantastic and sending me the larger black band.  Not the blue, which like others is a disappointment to my son, but at least he will be able to wear it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are finally sending me a larger band in black as well. You would
think that during the beta testing of this product that they would have
found out the the x-small band for the ACE does not fit most kids 8+.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @bassclefchick and @haymil88! Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Ace wristband and the experience you had with our support team.  I'm glad to hear they were able to sort this out with you. 

I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all your input and it helps us to improve our future products and services. At the moment, Fitbit is doing their best to keep your kids on track. 

Catch you later!

P.S. If you want to read more about Ace and it's features, take a look at the Ace Product Manual.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I have the same problem with the band for my 10 yr old! I think we should get one replacement for free! Is the ace band the same size as a small Alta?

Best Answer
I did get a black large band for free from Fitbit. Call them

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing your experience with Support @bassclefchick, and welcome to the Community forums @Kickass

@Kickass, Fitbit Alta and Fitbit Alta HR wristbands are compatible with Ace, but please note that Ace wristbands, which are extra small, are shorter than Alta and Alta HR bands in size small. 

I sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, but I was informed you already have a case created with them, you should be receiving a replay soon, if you haven't already. 

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Same problem and our son is only 10 1/2! 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes
They r sending me a black one for free. It’s on back order. I wish we could pick the colour

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer