Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ace time zone sync issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m currently in Belgium (normally UK) and I managed to sync my BLAZE to the right time zone, however my son’s ACE has also synced with my time zone. He is on my family as a child. He is still in the UK and using his phone and my wife’s Fitbit account still won’t let him shown UK time vs Belgian. How can I fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@Daz39 Welcome to the Community and thanks for sharing this interesting issue. I'm not totally sure what's going on here and want to share with our team. From what you are stating, he is actively syncing on his phone, using your wife's account but the time zone has changed to Belgium once you traveled there. Can you verify is your wife is set up as a Guardian in the family account? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate. We tried both things. Using his child’s account on his iPhone and using my wife’s guardian account on her phone. Both were in the UK but it wouldn’t override his watch syncing with my account while I was in Belgium. 

I set our family account up on my phone, adding my wife and Son...don’t know it that had any baring. I’m just back in the UK and have synced my Fitbit back to UK time so will be interesting to see what time my Sons watch says in the morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daz39 thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it should have any barring but haven't run into this previously and all details help.  I will share with the team for further insight. If your son is still on Belgium time, please let me know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,

His watch still said +1 hour vs UK time this morning. Even though his phone is showing "UK" as location, it is one hour ahead. I didn't get chance to try to re-sync this morning. (Mine is back on UK time). 

Is there any other way to adjust the time on the ACE? I'm away again this week but will be +7 hrs time diff and I don't want his alarms going off in the middle of the night. 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,

Tried everything last night and I can not get his watch to show UK time. He is stuck +1hr. I even tried a re-set, but nothing happened. I plugged it in the charger, pushed the button 3 times and it vibrated, but didn't show the fitbit symbol and didn't re-set. Running out of ideas now, should I call customer support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daz39 if his Ace is syncing and his phone is in the UK times zone, it should have the correct time, especially if your Fitbit is correct. I can't see his account so it would be best to contact customer support. I've created a case for you and someone will reach out. I'll follow the progress. Very interested in what is going on here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok Thanks Kate. I'm in Singapore now, and hoping like heck his phone hasn't changed to my time...or his alarm will be REALLY early 🙂

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a thought - it might work better if your wife is the account holder as she is not globetrotting like you are. I dont know, maybe @KateFitbit will come up with something (hope your sonnisnt on Singapore time now!)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue.  I'm the primary and I am 11.5 hrs ahead of where my kid is.  I have him syncing to a PC back at home, so the system there has no idea what timezone it's in.  I could switch it to my wife's account who is still back there, but I'm not sure if that will fix it.  I'd really like to have the ACE follow whatever system's timezone it syncs to, just as my charge 3 did when I landed in India.

Best Answer