Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable quick view on Ace?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter just got her Ace today, as we were getting it set up I saw that we could disable the quickview - Ace waking when she lifts and turns her wrist towards her - but I can’t seem to find where to do this...please help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@Wordsfellout Welcome to our Fitbit forums and it's great to hear that your child joined the Fitbit family as well! Regarding your inquiry, our team is aware of this and expect to have a solution soon in order to have the "Quick View" feature to be turned off. An update will be posted when the option is available. Thank you for your time and patience with this.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

This "accepted solution" is not a solution at all. It is simply an acknowledgement that this is a design flaw. I have the same issue and am unsatisfied with a response like this that is a brush off. I've owned a number of Fitbits over the years, but after having recently purchased a Versa for myself and an Ace for my kid, I have to say the quality of these products is way less than I expected. They just feel half-baked. This is an excellent example of how these products were rushed to market without enough UX testing. 

Best Answer

@littlejilm It's great to see you here! I really understand how you feel and I appreciate your feedback and comments about this. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree!! Yes, it is not a solution at all. It's actually very poor customer service, and borderline schmoozing!! Just saying TOO politely, doesn't fix a problem.

Have the same issue here with my daughter's new Ace, and "quickview" woke her up. She said that she was asleep, and then the light turned on and it was so bright that it woke her up.

Disappointed!

Best Answer

@Techtosterone Thank you for joining our Fitbit forums! I'm really sorry about the inconvenience that this cause to you and your daughter. I'll make sure to send this info to our team as this keeps us in constant improvement with our products and services.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the opposite problem. I want to switch on quickview, but can find no option to do so! Double-tapping doesn't always work and is a pain to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leesez It's great to see you here! Regarding the quick view feature, this comes turned on by default on the Fitbit Ace. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your child's Ace quick view turns on when he moves his wrist.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about @Leessez, but I'm having the same problem. I would love to have my daughter be able to sleep with the watch on, but the quick view function wakes her up. 

Is there any way it can be turned off like other Fitbit models?

Thanks 

Best Answer

My daughter just received her Fitbit Ace this week.  The quick view function is disruptive when wearing the fitbit at night.

The ACE 101 guide still describes that the quick view function can be modified in the settings.  Unfortunately settings does not have the quick view toggle.  

Please add this feature!  It was already brought to the attention of the company 3 months ago!

Best Answer

@Huaping66 @Sally2018 I'm so sorry to hear about the experience your children have experienced with the Ace quick view. Our team is aware of this and expect to have a solution soon. Once there is a fix to this, we'll make sure to post it in the Community.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given this was first highlighted in July I feel very disappointed that the response says there will be an update to this, but almost 6 months later there still isn’t.

I too am disappointed & frustrated that the 101 instructions are wrong, that you can’t use all the features of the Ace (like monitor sleep because my son can’t wear this at night as I can’t turn quick view off) & there are clearly no plans for an update as nothing has been done in almost 6 months. Shame on you Fitbit. Especially after your “Merry Christmas & thanks for being such a loyal customer for all these years” generic send to all email.

Best Answer

@LandyGirl Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry about the experience you've had with the Fitbit Ace. I know how frustrating this is for you. However, our team is actively working on this.

I truly appreciate your feedback and patience since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please hurry up and include a setting to turn off quick view. I don’t have the problem of it waking my daughter mine is it runs the battery down so quickly that I’m charging it more than expected. A solution needs to be found and quick. You shouldn’t bring out products that aren’t complete. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry about the inconvenience you are experiencing due to the quick view feature. I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Extremely frustrating! Got my son the Fitbit ace for his birthday on January 31, 2019.  Today is February 9, 2019.  He is blinded by the bright light at night so he can’t wear it. Called Fitbit this morning and spent over a half an hour on the phone with them troubleshooting only to find out that they are aware that the Fitbit ace does not have a way to disable the QuickView, but that the engineers are looking into it. I mentioned that the forum notified them of the problem over seven months ago and they still have not fixed it. He recommended that I could have him take it off at night. Kind of defeats the purpose. Told him that I will be returning it. 

Best Answer

@E_hammer Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you and your child experienced with the Fitbit Ace. I know how frustrating this is for you. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated as this helps us to improve our products and services.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we expect an update for the device?  When will this feature be available?  The Fitbit Alta has the disabling feature available.  The program has already been created; why can’t it be added to the Fitbit Ace?!?!

Best Answer
WoW!! Even after 8 months, you guys are still throwing these canned responses, instead of actually fixing the issues. **ahem**! Fitbit has gone to the dogs. 
Best Answer

@Sally2018 @Techtosterone I know how frustrating this is for you guys. I'm afraid that we don't have a time frame or deep information about the implementation of this feature.

I really appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes