Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue setting Fitbit Ace

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have tried setting up the Ace on 2 different devices but I keep getting the following error message

“there was a problem communicating with your tracker please try again”

I see the 4 digit code on the device, my iPhone says it’s connected but just get the error message when I enter the code. I have tried turning Bluetooth off and on, restarting app but still no joy. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I have exactly the same issue..i've been trying since 12th June to set this up. It keeps stating that it has found "ace" and I enter the 4 digit code but then just keeps turning round and round saying "connection". Driving me crazy and I feel like throwing the **ahem** thing in the bin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it’s worked, happy days. The only thing we did different was the little one had it on his wrist when we entered the code, could be luck but at least it’s now connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HenryFit@Tanya72 Welcome to the Community thanks for your reports. @HenryFit I'm glad to hear you were able to get the tracker started. 

@Tanya72 I would try restarting the tracker if you haven't done that already. If you still can't set up, what type of device are you trying to set up with? Is it possible to try setting up on an alternative device? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I've tried restarting it but no luck. My daughter has a brand me android phone.. Samsung j3. It is still doing the same and stating that it has found ace but is continually saying connected after it. I'll phone support at the weekend when I'm not working.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tanya72 Sorry to hear it's still stuck. I created a case so someone can reach out to you via email, hope they can get you set up. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, I think by the look of it that my daughters j3 is not compatible. However, even trying to install the family account on my own phone us proving so difficult. It asks me for the 4 digit code which I type in and accepts but again it must keeps turning round saying trying to connect. I'm happy to hand her account on my phone but trying to connect her fitbit is just not working. I now am unable to view my own steps... I have sent a photo of what it is showing me. This is so tiresome and I'm just fed up with wasting so much time trying to sort it out. Her fitbit is tracking her steps but it's not syncing to the account and as I said before my own steps seem to have disappeared. Please help

Sent from my Xperia XA1 on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tanya72 Sorry to hear this. The best bet is to discuss the syncing issue with customer support who can take an in depth look into what's going on and why your steps are disappearing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting the Ace worked for my child's Ace.  The same article has been posted by several users and moderators:  http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart+alta&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

My child's Ace was not syncing to any of our devices, so I tried removing and re-adding it to my child's profile.  However, when trying to add it back, the syncing process would fail after entering in the 4 digit code.  The app was able to connect to the Ace up until entering the 4 digit code, but the final connection would not complete.  When that didn't work, I tried the restart method that NellyG mentions, and that solved everything.

Restarting the Fitbit will be my go to 1st step for troubleshooting from now on.  The good thing about restarting is that it does not wipe out any of the data on the fitbit.  It's a straight-up reboot.

Best Answer

We are having the same issue whilst setting uP our daughters new FitBit Ace, after entering the four digit code we get an ‘http error 500’ code come up? 

Attempted the reset many times (by holding the button on the charger) & it searches for the device but we still haven’t manage to sync it with her ipod. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the same error as well. Even with other devices the Ace won't connect to a phone at all. Resetting the Ace didn't help either. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Eric

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

After two months of trying to sort this problem out, I resorted to phoning them.
They were super helpful and they managed to resolve the issue pretty quickly. It's been great since too.
Hope they can help and solve your issue

Kind regards
Tanya
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Tanja,

Thank you for the quick response.

Could you tell me which phone number you have used?

Kind regards,

Eric

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @bojoe22, and @Tanya72, it's good to know this worked for you, thanks for sharing your experience. 

Also thank you for these details @LoisRankin and @Eric_G75, if you already tried the steps to restart the Ace, make sure you've also tried all the instructions provided here to resolve problems with the setup process. I was going to send your information to the Customer Support team, but I was informed that you already have a case created with them and they're providing you assistance with this. I hope everything goes well. 

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get an answer to this that actually solved the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there, yes... I phone fitbit support and they were able to solve the issue. They were very patient and talked me through step by step until it was resolved.
Regards Tanya

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

It's good to see you around in the forums @drandsii, could you please provide some more details about what you've experienced? Are you getting the same error message mentioned above "there was a problem communicating with your tracker please try again"? Have you tried the steps mentioned previously to try to find a solution?

It's great news @Tanya72, thank you for the update. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

My post should not have been in this thread. I am not receiving any error message. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drandsii Thank you for getting back! Please take a look at this post, where I provided some advice about the issue that you are experiencing.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes