Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ace have GPS?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Ace do GPS location tracking as a safety feature to know where my kids are when they are separated from their phone?

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, I'm afraid not. The Ace does not have GPS.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

No, I'm afraid not. The Ace does not have GPS.

Best Answer

@KaiKam good question, @SteveH is correct Ace does not have GPS compatibility. 

@SteveH thanks for your assistance, as always! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the Alta and Alta HR don't have GPS, I would assume that the Ace doesn't either.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also been interested about the GPS.

When I purchased a Fitbit ace for my son (around 6/8 months ago) the decision was for fitness and so I could track his whereabouts.

When I set the device up, I thought I was being stupid, and couldn’t find information how to set up so I could trace him.

the watch went into a drawer.

My son is now walking home from school and have decided to get the device out again.

Still cant find how I can trace my son, and have put the question in google.

I came across this thread.

Now, I can see that many parents have the same dilemma. And were told it was being considered.

Then to find an answer from apple saying ‘no, ace does not have gps at this time!’

I would like to revisit this please and find out if you have made any progress on this well desired and essential function!

and the reason I purchased in the first place.

Look forward to a prompt response please.

Kind regards,

Clare 

Best Answer

Unfortunately the Ace (nor its replacement, the Ace 2) do not have a GPS chip so cannot be used to track someone's location, nor will be able to in the future. It is possible that a future model of fitbit will have a GPS chip like the Ionic but even then it is unlikely that it will be able to transmit the location and be used for tracking location.

I fear that you are only going to get the solution you need from a phone

Best Answer
0 Votes