Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parent Account for other products?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I love the idea of your new parent account but for the price difference I rather get my son (8yrs old) a model with more features (I.e. HR, GPS, workout tracking, etc.) as we hike a lot and he loves to see the stats on our hikes. When I saw the announcement about the new family account I was excited but if I am reading correctly you can not add any product but the Ace on a child account, is that correct? If so, is it possible to ask your product team to consider expanding it to other products Or adding more features to the ace, such as the ones noted above?

Thanks!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Yes, please set up a family account for other Fitbit Products.  I am passing down my old Fitbit Alta to my 11 year old daughter so I can get a Fitbit Alta HR.  I tried to set up an child account for her and it shows I can only load a Fitbit Ace for her.  I was so excited that they now have a family account but am disappointed that it is only limited to the Fitbit Ace for children.   Fitbits are pricey and I would rather passdown an old one to my child and get a new one for myself.  It's like with smartphones and tablets - I pass the old ones to my children and purchase a new one for myself.  I love on the phone that I can set up child account where I can restrict their apps and monitor their usage.  

Best Answer

@AggieH Welcome to the Community, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Ace. Currently Ace is the only tracker especially configured for children ages 8 plus. There are feature suggestions currently on requesting other trackers be allowed for children on family accounts and GPS specific. I encourage you to vote and/or comment and show the Fitbit team the features you would like to see on Ace. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes