Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a ace without a mobile phone to sync to.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

now call me old fasioned but i dont want me kids having a mobile at 8 years old, or even for that matter till they are at least 16! yes i know dinoland time here but the risk of adiction to a device and harm is to high for me and my family.

so when will they have a device like the scales which can sync via wifi? on and like other be like the flex 2

one idea could be to have a tab or press the button on the back to sync in burst to wifi.

views?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lordasb welcome to the Community and thanks for your suggestions here. Pressing a button to sync would be nice, but probably won't be implemented at this time. As mentioned in this thread, there are several alternatives. Your child does not need to have their own mobile and could use your device, or sync to a computer on the Windows 10 app, or a tablet.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

You can always sync it at home to a Windows 10  computer or a Mac. A phone is not required.

Best Answer

Phones, to my knowledge, have never been required for any Fitbit to sync to.  A tablet or computer will work just fine.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I believe a phone may be required to setup a family account, it would only have to be the guardians phone. 

Best Answer

@lordasb welcome to the Community and thanks for your suggestions here. Pressing a button to sync would be nice, but probably won't be implemented at this time. As mentioned in this thread, there are several alternatives. Your child does not need to have their own mobile and could use your device, or sync to a computer on the Windows 10 app, or a tablet.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

I believe a phone may be required to setup a family account, it would only have to be the guardians phone. 

I have that option in the Windows 10 desktop app......

Best Answer