Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is our Fitbit Ace losing exercise time?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday our daughter’s Fitbit Ace has recorded activity of 64 minutes for the day, but then dropped to about 56 minutes without explanation.  

Again, today it was displaying about 68 minutes for the day, then dropped to 54 minutes, and is now showing 32 minutes.

She has only been using the device for 3 days.

I am not sure, but I think it is losing time when she gets home, so it might be a result of the Fitbit Ace synchronising with the Fitbit App that we are running on an iPad Pro.

Any ideas of what is causing the problem and what the fix might be?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Has anyone added any activity manually in the app on her account? This often causes changes in active minutes etc.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Hopperfamily Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your daughter's Ace is not recording her exercise time accurately. The information that my friend @NellyG mentioned is correct. If an exercise or activity was logged manually, the data might be affected. If this was not the case, I'd like to follow up and would like you to try restarting the Ace as described in this help article. After this, monitor your daughter's Ace during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep @NellyG and me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I have a follow up question. When my son manually enters an activity, it decreases his active minutes. Why is that? He has to delete his activities in order for his active minutes to be accurate. Can anyone offer an explanation?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lhotopp, it's great to see you visiting the Community forums. 

Your data will be recalculated if you manually log an activity as the manually logged activity takes precedence over data you tracked while wearing your tracker at that point in time. 

When your Fitbit tracks your activity it sees your effort in peaks and it's these peaks of activity that are likely to earn active minutes. If you then manually log an activity for the same time then it doesn't known anything about peaks, so it just averages out the effort. This means that it can reduce active minutes.

I hope this helps, keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer