Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wouldn't it be better to just get an Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

They are the same price and the Alta has more features than the Ace.

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS Cellular Nike , Ionic (Retired), Charge 2 (Retired), One (Retired)| Left the FitBit ecosystem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Brandon74360 Much like what @LZeeW mentioned, you would need an Ace to set up a child account and it comes with an x-small band fitted to a child's wrist. Complete details on family accounts are not available yet, but you can read more about it here

@LZeeW thanks for your input here.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

In theory, yes, but they (the parents) may not want their children to have full access to the Fitbit site, hence the Family Account that gets triggered when the tracker is setup.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Brandon74360  I can't find the page where I read this, but I saw a page where the wording said something like the Ace is "configured for" the Family Account.  Complete information about the Family Account has't been released.  But this sure sounds like the Family Account will be something for the Ace only.

The Ace has extra small wrist bands for children.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Its on sale, that is  why its the same price right now. I'm assuming after the sale, it will go back to the original $130 price. My kid would need the kid strap. The regular wristbands are too big on him. And I want access to the family account with this, which I assume is only a option if you have a kids account attached to yours

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brandon74360 Much like what @LZeeW mentioned, you would need an Ace to set up a child account and it comes with an x-small band fitted to a child's wrist. Complete details on family accounts are not available yet, but you can read more about it here

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbitwrote:

@KateFitbit Your hyperlink “here” in the post above only links to your post and not, as I’m assuming it should do, to some further info on family accounts.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner thanks for the heads up! Updated with the correct Blog post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume that once you link the Ace to your account, a family account is triggered.  I'm not sure if this is optional or not, so for the time being, I would say that if there is someone out there that wants to get this for their kids, the Ace might make the most sense.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes