Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't switch to kids view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought both of my kids the Fitbit ace 2. When I created their profile in the family section it then explains to switch to kid view. When I switch to kid view it hangs out on the loading screen and eventually shuts down the app and I have to log in and try again. What is the problem Fitbit? I’ve updated my phone and the app, I’ve restarted everything and nothing is working. I bought these for my kids and I can’t use them because of this problem. When will I get an answer? I called the customer support number and my fiancé reached out on Fitbit support on Twitter and we still have no answers. Don’t you think this is something you should tell people about so we don’t spend money on a device that we can’t use????? HELP ME PLEASE! I specifically chose these over the garmin vivofit 2 because my fiancé and I use Fitbit but I’m really starting to regret that decision. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to some of you that have already confirmed on this thread that they're no longer experiencing this issue with the latest app update. I appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve this.

I'm now going to close this thread from further comments. If you have more questions or if this issue persists, please open a new thread to report the experience. 

Thanks to all! 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
325 REPLIES 325

I can't get the app to switch to kid view. Tried to different iphones, the app just hangs up, anyone else having problems with the app? 

Update: I eventually uninstalled the app and reinstalled. That seemed to solve my problem. 

moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer

This happened to me several times in the last few days as well. It just locks up and never really switches to kid view. I have to completely close/shut down the app (on my iPhone) first, then if I try again, it finally works.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@thatguy54 thanks for checking out the Community.

I've experienced what @Roni_S mentions on iOS. I switch to kids view, and get stuck in an infinite spin. I then force quit the app and am logged out. I log back in and then can switch to kids view without issue. Is this what you are experiencing? I've reported this to our team, it shouldn't be acting this way, but if you force quite the app after the infinite spin and go to child view again you will be able to log in. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I am not able to switch to kids view from my screen. I get the infinite spin. When I close the app and reopen, I am logged out of the app

Best Answer

@Cheatbone, Fitbit is aware of this issue and is working on improving the switch between kid view and parent view.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I haven’t been able to switch to kid view in days so my kids haven’t been able to sync their Fitbit’s in days either. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Do you think they will have a fix soon? We just got the Fitbit for my daughter last week and it worked great for the first 4 days then it started the infinite spooling. I tried the force quit, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, shutting down my phone and nothing helps. The Fitbit itself still works but she can't see her sleep tracking or join in any races. She was all excited about it, but now is upset and losing interest. Just frustrated.Smiley Sad

Best Answer

@trumpetchick  There was an update to the app that I just did a few days ago. After doing that update I am usually able to switch to kid view. Occasionally I still get the endless spin but better than before when I couldn’t switch at all. Have you done the most recent update to the app?

Best Answer

Update 7/6/2018: This issue should now be resolved. 

Update 6/20/2018: I'm confirming this issue was resolved in update 2.52. Please update your app to version 2.52 if you haven't already.

Update 6/14/2018: Hi Everyone - our team is still looking into this, thanks for your patience and reports. Please update your app to version 2.52 if you haven't already. I am no longer experiencing this since the update. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the last round of updates and I was able to synce my daughters Ace for about 2 days. She really wants to do the challenges and follow the maps like she sees us to. I set up a challenge that would have started today thru her portal. We all accepted it and it seemed like we were good to go. We just tried to check it thru my view and she is still at the starting line while the rest of us are way ahead. Tried to check her view and all it does is spook again and lock up my phone AGAIN. She can see her steps on her Fitbit but once again is upset she can’t be part of the challenges 👎🏻☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

@trumpetchick Sorry to hear this. It sounds like she is not syncing.  I'm not sure what spook again means, is the app crashing? When you switch to Kid's view are you able to sync and do you see her steps? What is the make/model of your phone? 

Best Answer

This issue should now be resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t switch to kid view to sync my son’s Ace. Every time I try to switch the app shuts down and I have to log back in. This happens repeatedly and has been ongoing for a few days 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TrainTrack Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Fitbit app crashes when you switch between accounts. Please make sure that your phone has the most recent app version installed. If the app is up to date, log out of the app, restart your phone, open the app, then log in and try switching from your account to your kids's view and see if the app stops crashing.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same exact problem. I logged on to see if anyone else was mentioning it. I'm open to any advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Iphone X is doing the same thing. Deleted the app and re-installed. When trying to switch to kids view screen goes blank and get kicked out. Then have to sign back in. Versa is fine but I can't see my kids Ace. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bellaruge and @Finish_Super98, welcome to the Community forums. 

Thank you for providing these details about what you've been experiencing when switching to kid view. Could you please confirm if you're still having the same difficulty, and if you already tried the steps mentioned here previously? 

Additionally, try to force quit from the Fitbit app and clear cache and cookies by going to your Phone's Settings > Manage Apps > Clear Data. Then try opening the app once again and try to switch to kid view. 

Please keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Hi thanks for the reply. This did solve the problem but it is not fully resolved. The app no longer crashes but the “switch” between accounts seems to just keep switching and I have to shut down the app completely and then am forced to login again. I can get to see both parent and child screens but there is a still a problem in switching

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TrainTrack, thank you for your response. Could you please provide more details about what you've been experiencing? Are you seeing an infinite spin in your display? 

Also, thank you for the feedback about how the interactions between parent and kid view happens, at the moment we haven't received new updates to know if the family account procedures will be modified in the future, but we do appreciate all the comments and ideas you share to try to make the whole user experience more friendly. Make sure to always keep the Fitbti app updated to the latest version available

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes