Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bedtime reminder doesn't work

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've tried setting (and resetting) the bedtime reminder on my daughter's Ace over and over -- the notification does pop up on my phone (which isn't super helpful...) it doesn't ever work on her Ace. I thought maybe rebooting the Ace would help, but I'm not even sure if that's an option?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jg37 Glad to hear the tracker is working. Regarding switching to parent view, I do hear that it's not as seamless a process as you would like, I feel it too. Our team is always looking to improve user's experience. There is a feature suggestion currently for this, if you haven't already you may want to add your vote there and show the team this feature is wanted. You could also create a suggestion to have bedtime reminders be featured on a child's tracker.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

The bedtime reminder is not sent to the Ace. sorry @jg37

Best Answer

Wow!  What’s the point then ????

Best Answer

I know, right?? So far the Ace is turning out to be a real disappointment. Fitbit is sending us a replacement because not only will it not sync with our iPad, now it won’t charge when plugged it (we’ve only had it two days). It was my daughter’s birthday present and she’ll was so excited for it. I hope they fix all of the issues ASAP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My son is using for the first time today...so let’s see how it syncs etc tonight. I’ll write another review in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

As for charging problems, I would try various things, from the USB on a computer or other device to the standard wall brick .

Some wall bricks turn off because of the low charging current .

My brother has such a device and needs to use the PC to charge. 

Best Answer

@jg37 As @Rich_Laue says, the bedtime reminder will not appear on tracker, but does appear on the App. As I mentioned on your other post, I hope your replacement works out. Please keep me posted. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
The replacement tracker does sync with our ipad - thank you. I do appreciate the customer service rep's handling of this issue.

That said -- it would make a lot of sense if the bedtime reminders could be sent to the Ace (although we sort of worked around it by simply setting a separate alarm for bedtime).

More importantly, though, can you PLEASE change the app so that it's easier for parents to switch back and forth between the kid view and parent view? My kid couldn't accept a step challenge or view her weekly stats unless we were in kid view. And then I'd have to switch back to see my stuff. It's crazy to have to enter your password - and then your email - and then your password again, every single time you want to toggle back and forth between views. (Using our ipad as the paired device with my daughter's Ace is an OK workaround, but if that wasn't an option, I would have returned the Ace.)

Thank you!
Best Answer

@jg37 Glad to hear the tracker is working. Regarding switching to parent view, I do hear that it's not as seamless a process as you would like, I feel it too. Our team is always looking to improve user's experience. There is a feature suggestion currently for this, if you haven't already you may want to add your vote there and show the team this feature is wanted. You could also create a suggestion to have bedtime reminders be featured on a child's tracker.  

Best Answer

What a shame. Don’t see the point of it not registering on ace

Agree, we have family account and want kids to receive both of their notices without me having to swap between 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CTod Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I totally understand your frustration and I appreciate your feedback and comments about this.

I'd like you to give your vote to this Feature Suggestion which requests to have a bedtime alarm applied in the Ace. The more votes this idea gets, the more chances it will have to be reviewed by our engineers.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then why foes it say in the setup that it will be sent to both device and tracker?  It is sent to the device but not the tracker. I don't have my phone on my wrist i have the ace.

Having the same issue. Very frustrating

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Mmstevens Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing the same inconvenience with the Fitbit Ace. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback.

As my friend @KateFitbit mentioned above, the bedtime reminder doesn't appear on the Ace, only on the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will they be fixing this soon?

--
Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mmstevens Regarding your question, I recommend you to submit your idea in our Feature Suggestions board or you can also give your vote to this Suggestion. The more votes given to the suggestions, the more chances they will have to be reviewed by our engineers and developers.

I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes